• If you bet A Lot in the Paradise Creek, then the winning margin was "a lot" more than the wagering return!Posted 6 hours ago
  • The Nassau goes to Sky Treasure!Posted 7 hours ago
  • Sunday Rules runs them off their feet in the Spring Fever to remain undefeated!Posted 7 hours ago
  • Xtra Luck gets his first stakes win in the Louisville Handicap!Posted 7 hours ago
  • Joe Bravo earned win #5,000 with a victory aboard Boss Man today at Monmouth Park.Posted 8 hours ago
  • There's no catching Black Hornet in the Vigil Stakes at Woodbine.Posted 6 days ago
  • American Pharoah romps home in the Preakness!Posted 7 days ago
  • Ironicus explodes to win the Dixie going away.Posted 7 days ago
  • Ageless best in The Very One again, this time with a course record.Posted 7 days ago
  • Holy Boss much the best in the six furlong Chick Lang.Posted 7 days ago

Borel closing in on 5,000 wins

Calvin Borel celebrates his Kentucky Derby win with Mine That Bird
Three-time Kentucky Derby winning jockey Calvin Borel will begin the 123rd Fall Meet at Churchill Downs just 14 victories shy of the 5,000 career-win milestone and the Louisiana native, who will turn 46 on Nov. 7, is confident he’ll reach the mark this meet at the site of his three most important victories.

“It would be really special to get it here (at Churchill Downs) because of what I’ve accomplished here,” Borel said. “I want to get it here and I think we’ll get it here.”

With 14 more trips to the winner’s circle, Borel will become just the 26th rider to reach the 5,000-win mark. The rarity of such an achievement is not being taken lightly by Borel.

“It means a lot and it’s a big accomplishment,” Borel said. “I’ve been very fortunate. Throughout my career I’ve won races I never dreamed I would win and I never thought I’d win 5,000 races. It’s going to be very exciting, especially as I get closer to it.”

Borel, who has recorded 1,115 wins at Churchill Downs and is the second all-time leading rider at the Louisville track behind Pat Day (2,482), has averaged 19.6 victories per Fall Meet over the last five years.

Older Comments about Borel closing in on 5,000 wins...

Calvin it can't come fast enough for you,well deserve..i hope you get it at churchill downs..Best Always and Be safe..