• There will be a Pick Six carryover of $167,021 when racing resumes Friday at Los Alamitos.Posted 1 day ago
  • There will be a Pick Six carryover of $42,460 when racing resumes Thursday at Los Alamitos.Posted 2 days ago
  •  Assateague goes wire to wire in the Dr. James Penny Memorial!Posted 3 days ago
  • Clearly Now breaks the 7f track record at Belmont - 1:19.96.Posted 6 days ago
  • There will be a Pick Six carryover of $28,880 when racing resumes July 4 at Los Al.Posted 7 days ago
  • 1-9 Frac Daddy upset by Sky Captain in the Dominion Day! Posted 10 days ago
  •  Size holds off Ria Antonia in the Iowa Oaks!Posted 12 days ago
  •  Declassify game in the Triple Bend!Posted 13 days ago
  •  Riposte proves best in the New York Handicap!Posted 13 days ago

Borel closing in on 5,000 wins

Calvin Borel celebrates his Kentucky Derby win with Mine That Bird
Three-time Kentucky Derby winning jockey Calvin Borel will begin the 123rd Fall Meet at Churchill Downs just 14 victories shy of the 5,000 career-win milestone and the Louisiana native, who will turn 46 on Nov. 7, is confident he’ll reach the mark this meet at the site of his three most important victories.

“It would be really special to get it here (at Churchill Downs) because of what I’ve accomplished here,” Borel said. “I want to get it here and I think we’ll get it here.”

With 14 more trips to the winner’s circle, Borel will become just the 26th rider to reach the 5,000-win mark. The rarity of such an achievement is not being taken lightly by Borel.

“It means a lot and it’s a big accomplishment,” Borel said. “I’ve been very fortunate. Throughout my career I’ve won races I never dreamed I would win and I never thought I’d win 5,000 races. It’s going to be very exciting, especially as I get closer to it.”

Borel, who has recorded 1,115 wins at Churchill Downs and is the second all-time leading rider at the Louisville track behind Pat Day (2,482), has averaged 19.6 victories per Fall Meet over the last five years.

Older Comments about Borel closing in on 5,000 wins...

Calvin it can't come fast enough for you,well deserve..i hope you get it at churchill downs..Best Always and Be safe..