• Arrogate draws post position #9 for Saturday's Dubai World Cup.Posted 2 days ago
  • Vale Dori (6-5) wins a virtual match race over Finest City in the G1 Santa Margarita.Posted 6 days ago
  • Malagacy (3-1) remains unbeaten with an impressive Rebel win.Posted 6 days ago
  • Enola Gray (2-5) much the best down the hill in the Irish O'Brien.Posted 6 days ago
  • Jenda's Agenda (2-5) stays unbeaten with a facile win in the Caeser's Wish.Posted 6 days ago
  • Mor Spirit (1-2) too good in the Essex at Oaklawn Park.Posted 6 days ago
  • Distinta (11-1) gets up on the shadow of the wire in the Inside Information.Posted 6 days ago
  • Twisted Tom (4-1) gets up in the final jump to win the Private Terms.Posted 6 days ago
  • Streamline (12-1) upsets the Azeri; rough trip for favorite Terra Promessa.Posted 6 days ago
  • Clothes Fall Off (6-5) undresses the competition in the Correction.Posted 6 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Dubai World Cup 2017

Borel closing in on 5,000 wins

Calvin Borel celebrates his Kentucky Derby win with Mine That Bird
Three-time Kentucky Derby winning jockey Calvin Borel will begin the 123rd Fall Meet at Churchill Downs just 14 victories shy of the 5,000 career-win milestone and the Louisiana native, who will turn 46 on Nov. 7, is confident he’ll reach the mark this meet at the site of his three most important victories.

“It would be really special to get it here (at Churchill Downs) because of what I’ve accomplished here,” Borel said. “I want to get it here and I think we’ll get it here.”

With 14 more trips to the winner’s circle, Borel will become just the 26th rider to reach the 5,000-win mark. The rarity of such an achievement is not being taken lightly by Borel.

“It means a lot and it’s a big accomplishment,” Borel said. “I’ve been very fortunate. Throughout my career I’ve won races I never dreamed I would win and I never thought I’d win 5,000 races. It’s going to be very exciting, especially as I get closer to it.”

Borel, who has recorded 1,115 wins at Churchill Downs and is the second all-time leading rider at the Louisville track behind Pat Day (2,482), has averaged 19.6 victories per Fall Meet over the last five years.

Older Comments about Borel closing in on 5,000 wins...

Calvin it can't come fast enough for you,well deserve..i hope you get it at churchill downs..Best Always and Be safe..