• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 2 days ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 3 days ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 3 days ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 3 days ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 3 days ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 3 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 3 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 4 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Borel closing in on 5,000 wins

Calvin Borel celebrates his Kentucky Derby win with Mine That Bird
Three-time Kentucky Derby winning jockey Calvin Borel will begin the 123rd Fall Meet at Churchill Downs just 14 victories shy of the 5,000 career-win milestone and the Louisiana native, who will turn 46 on Nov. 7, is confident he’ll reach the mark this meet at the site of his three most important victories.
“It would be really special to get it here (at Churchill Downs) because of what I’ve accomplished here,” Borel said. “I want to get it here and I think we’ll get it here.”
With 14 more trips to the winner’s circle, Borel will become just the 26th rider to reach the 5,000-win mark. The rarity of such an achievement is not being taken lightly by Borel.
“It means a lot and it’s a big accomplishment,” Borel said. “I’ve been very fortunate. Throughout my career I’ve won races I never dreamed I would win and I never thought I’d win 5,000 races. It’s going to be very exciting, especially as I get closer to it.”
Borel, who has recorded 1,115 wins at Churchill Downs and is the second all-time leading rider at the Louisville track behind Pat Day (2,482), has averaged 19.6 victories per Fall Meet over the last five years.

Older Comments about Borel closing in on 5,000 wins...

Calvin it can't come fast enough for you,well deserve..i hope you get it at churchill downs..Best Always and Be safe..