• Multiple sources confirming McCraken will miss the Tampa Bay Derby due to slight ankle issue.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Avanti Bello (3-1) proves best to win his second straight Tiznow Stakes.Posted 1 day ago
  • Girvin (8-1) upsets the Grade 2 Risen Star Stakes.Posted 2 days ago
  • Unified (2-1) makes a winning return in the Grade 3 Gulfstream Park Sprint.Posted 2 days ago
  • Enterprising (3-1) runs down Oscar Nominated in the Grade 3 Fair Grounds Handicap.Posted 2 days ago
  • Morticia (2-1) game all the way in the Melody of Colors.Posted 2 days ago
  • Farrell (7-2) pulls away to win the Grade 2 Rachel Alexandra.Posted 2 days ago
  • Yorkiepoo Princess (9-5) races through fog to win the Busher Stakes.Posted 2 days ago
  • Honorable Duty (5-1) holds on to take the Grade 3 Mineshaft Handicap.Posted 2 days ago
  • Believe in Bertie (3-5) sets new course record in Daisy Devine.Posted 2 days ago

Bold Chieftain ready to race again

Now 8 years old, Bold Chieftain was supposed to be starting a new career as a sire this winter after excelling on the racetrack with 17 wins in 38 starts and $1,542,151 in earnings.

But when Applebite Farms closed, trainer and co-owner Bill Morey Jr. couldn't find another breeding operation to take the colt.

"I would go out and look at him at the farm, and when I would walk out of the gate, he'd come up to the end and look at me," Morey said. "All the way back to my truck he was looking at me."

If Bold Chieftain was telling Morey that he missed racing, the trainer was more than happy to oblige him.