• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 1 day ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 1 day ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 2 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 2 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 2 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 2 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 5 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 7 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 8 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 8 days ago

Bold Chieftain ready to race again

Now 8 years old, Bold Chieftain was supposed to be starting a new career as a sire this winter after excelling on the racetrack with 17 wins in 38 starts and $1,542,151 in earnings.

But when Applebite Farms closed, trainer and co-owner Bill Morey Jr. couldn't find another breeding operation to take the colt.

"I would go out and look at him at the farm, and when I would walk out of the gate, he'd come up to the end and look at me," Morey said. "All the way back to my truck he was looking at me."

If Bold Chieftain was telling Morey that he missed racing, the trainer was more than happy to oblige him.