• Long shot Stormy Lucy (65-1) upsets the Matriarch (G1) at Del Mar in the last stride. Posted 1 day ago
  • Dortmund romps home a winner in the Native Diver.Posted 2 days ago
  • Commissioner much the best in the Hawthorne Gold Cup.Posted 2 days ago
  • Chiropractor edges March for a Hollywood Derby win at 14-1.Posted 2 days ago
  • Airoforce takes to the dirt in a big way, pulling away to win the Kentucky Jockey Club.Posted 2 days ago
  • Carina Mia turns back Stageplay in the Golden Rod.Posted 2 days ago
  • Tonalist with a late rush to just get up in the Cigar Mile!Posted 2 days ago
  • Forever Unbridled outduels Carrumba to the wire in the Comely.Posted 2 days ago
  • Mohaymen an impressive winner of Aqueduct's nine furlong Remsen.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lewis Bay runs to her odds in the Demoiselle.Posted 2 days ago

Bob Baffert on San Felipe winner Pioneerof The Nile

BOB BAFFERT, PIONEEROF THE NILE, WINNER: “He’s becoming very professional. He was a May foal, so he’s not even three yet. I like what I saw today. This will tighten the screws up for the Santa Anita Derby ($750,000, Grade I, 1 1/8 miles on April 4) . . . It won’t be like this in the Santa Anita Derby, because he’ll have (The) Pamplemousse. I just wanted to get through here. He sat there and did the right thing. I was a little bit nervous today because it looked too easy on paper, and usually, that’s when things go wrong . . . He likes to take off after a horse. He was doing great, but I just like that he got through this and he handled it well, no problems, and it wasn’t too hard on him . . . At the eighth pole, he just shut it down. Garrett (Gomez) said, ‘Here we go again.’ It’s like the CashCall (Futurity). He did the same thing . . . He likes to run at horses, and he’ll get plenty to run at from here on out.”