• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 4 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 5 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 5 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 5 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 5 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 9 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 10 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 11 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 11 days ago

Blue Grass Headlines Keeneland Meet

Sixteen stakes worth $3.425 million, anchored by the Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) and the Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I), are scheduled for Keeneland’s 2011 spring race meet, the official start of the Lexington track’s 75th anniversary celebration.

Keeneland will once again offer average daily purses of more than $600,000 for the 15-day meet, to be held April 8-29, ranking it as one of North America’s richest racing programs. Fifteen of the 16 stakes are graded, while half will be contested on the turf. At least one stakes will be held on 11 of the 15 race days, which features racing Wednesday through Sunday except Easter Sunday, April 24.

Headlining the meet will be four grade I events – the Toyota Blue Grass and Central Bank Ashland, premier preps for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), respectively; the Vinery Madison for older fillies and mares at seven furlongs on the main track, and the Maker’s Mark Mile for older horses on the turf.

“The racing world converges on Keeneland in the spring because they know this is where the best jockeys, trainers, and horses will be, and they want to compete at the highest level,” said director of racing W.B. Rogers Beasley.

Older Comments about Blue Grass Headlines Keeneland Meet...

Saratoga had it for years.
Each horse has its own tree to walk around in the paddock. Where else does one see this??
I meant horses when I said jockeys twice
I love Keeneland, no doubt my favorite track, at least for the day to day racing. Low takeout, the best jockeys, trainers and jockeys, along with fantastic fields in practically every race. In my opinion it leaves Saratoga in the dust, but I'm biased being from the Bluegrass state.