• Accelerate (7-1) wins in a romp as Arrogate finishes way back in the San Diego Handicap. Posted 1 hour ago
  • Hunt (3-1) waits and then blows by in the Grade 2 Eddie Read.Posted 4 hours ago
  • Lady Eli (9-10), giving eight pounds, edges Quidura on the wire of the Grade 1 Diana.Posted 4 hours ago
  • Firenze Fire (12-1) holds off Free Drop Billy in the Sanford Stakes.Posted 5 hours ago
  • Twisted Tom (7-10) scores a hard-earned win in the New York Derby.Posted 6 hours ago
  • Proctor's Ledge (6-1), with first-time Lasix, rolls on the turf in the Lake George.Posted 1 day ago
  • Dream It Is (4-1) romps in the Grade 3 Schuylerville at Saratoga.Posted 1 day ago
  • Indycott (7-5) wins the opener, as they're off at Saratoga!Posted 1 day ago
  • Bowies Hero (3-1) much the best in the Oceanside Stakes on opening day at Del Mar.Posted 3 days ago
  • Irap (7-5) romps home a big winner of the Indiana Derby.Posted 7 days ago
Saratoga and Del Mar 2017

Black-eyed Susans? Yes! I'll Have Another.

Black Eyed Susan drink.

By Kelley Midland

What better way to cheer I'll Have Another to a Preakness victory than with a well-chilled Black-Eyed Susan?

I can't make it to Pimlico, but it's a sure bet this fruity beverage treat will take center stage at my Preakness Party!

The Official Black-eyed Susan recipe calls for:

3/4 oz 42 Below Vodka

1-1/4 oz Early Times Kentucky Whisky

3 oz sweet & sour mix

2 oz orange juice

Garnish with an orange slice and a cherry.

You can find this recipe at http://www.preakness.com/preakness-tradition/black-eyed-susan-official-drink-preakness.

But we know how to make a cocktail in the south.  I'll stick with the southern recipe. With any luck, they will wear off in time for the Belmont!

Black-eyed Susan Southern Style:

3/4 cup orange juice

1/2 cup pineapple juice

3 tablespoons vodka

3 tablespoons light rum

2 tablespoons orange liqueur

Stir ingredients and pour over crushed ice. Garnish with orange slices, lime slices, or fresh cherries.

My Preakness Pick?  Isn't it obvious?

Older Comments about Black-eyed Susans? Yes! I'll Have Another....

I'll have one of each!