• Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 54 minutes ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 5 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 5 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 6 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 6 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 6 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 6 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 6 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 7 days ago

Black-eyed Susans? Yes! I'll Have Another.

Black Eyed Susan drink.

By Kelley Midland

What better way to cheer I'll Have Another to a Preakness victory than with a well-chilled Black-Eyed Susan?

I can't make it to Pimlico, but it's a sure bet this fruity beverage treat will take center stage at my Preakness Party!

The Official Black-eyed Susan recipe calls for:

3/4 oz 42 Below Vodka

1-1/4 oz Early Times Kentucky Whisky

3 oz sweet & sour mix

2 oz orange juice

Garnish with an orange slice and a cherry.

You can find this recipe at http://www.preakness.com/preakness-tradition/black-eyed-susan-official-drink-preakness.

But we know how to make a cocktail in the south.  I'll stick with the southern recipe. With any luck, they will wear off in time for the Belmont!

Black-eyed Susan Southern Style:

3/4 cup orange juice

1/2 cup pineapple juice

3 tablespoons vodka

3 tablespoons light rum

2 tablespoons orange liqueur

Stir ingredients and pour over crushed ice. Garnish with orange slices, lime slices, or fresh cherries.

My Preakness Pick?  Isn't it obvious?

Older Comments about Black-eyed Susans? Yes! I'll Have Another....

I'll have one of each!