• Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 7 hours ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 5 days ago
  • Cheekaboo wins a blanket finish in the Honeymoon at 23-1.Posted 5 days ago
  • Donegal Moon scores after Unified comes up empty in the Pegasus Stakes.Posted 5 days ago
  • Ancient Secret just gets up to win the Wild Applause Stakes at Belmont Park.Posted 5 days ago
  • Bradester (9-1) upsets the Stephen Foster (G1) in gate to wire fashionPosted 6 days ago
  • Pleuven (Fr), with a stalking move, wins the Wise Dan (G2) at 7-1Posted 6 days ago
  • Paid Up Subscriber (6-1) rallies and draws off to win the Fleur de Lis Handicap (G2)Posted 6 days ago
  • Songbird (1-9) stays unbeaten in the Summertime Oaks (G2) at Santa Anita.Posted 6 days ago
  • Gun Runner (1-9) goes gate to wire to easily take the Matt Winn (G3).Posted 6 days ago

Black-eyed Susans? Yes! I'll Have Another.

Black Eyed Susan drink.

By Kelley Midland

What better way to cheer I'll Have Another to a Preakness victory than with a well-chilled Black-Eyed Susan?

I can't make it to Pimlico, but it's a sure bet this fruity beverage treat will take center stage at my Preakness Party!

The Official Black-eyed Susan recipe calls for:

3/4 oz 42 Below Vodka

1-1/4 oz Early Times Kentucky Whisky

3 oz sweet & sour mix

2 oz orange juice

Garnish with an orange slice and a cherry.

You can find this recipe at http://www.preakness.com/preakness-tradition/black-eyed-susan-official-drink-preakness.

But we know how to make a cocktail in the south.  I'll stick with the southern recipe. With any luck, they will wear off in time for the Belmont!

Black-eyed Susan Southern Style:

3/4 cup orange juice

1/2 cup pineapple juice

3 tablespoons vodka

3 tablespoons light rum

2 tablespoons orange liqueur

Stir ingredients and pour over crushed ice. Garnish with orange slices, lime slices, or fresh cherries.

My Preakness Pick?  Isn't it obvious?

Older Comments about Black-eyed Susans? Yes! I'll Have Another....

I'll have one of each!