• There's no catching Si Sage in the Grade 2 Charles Whittingham Stakes at Santa Anita.Posted 17 hours ago
  • Lexie Lou returns to her winning ways in today's Grade 2 Nassau Stakes.Posted 20 hours ago
  • Enola Gray takes the Melair gate to wire.Posted 1 day ago
  • Surgical Strike charges on the outside to win the Arlington Classic (G3).Posted 1 day ago
  • Diva Express and I'm a Looker make a dead heat run in the Winning Colors (G3).Posted 1 day ago
  • Flipcup game in Arlington Matron (G3) victory.Posted 1 day ago
  • In his first start since the Remsen, Gift Box rolls over a strong allowance field at Belmont.Posted 3 days ago
  • Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 7 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 7 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 8 days ago

Black-eyed Susans? Yes! I'll Have Another.

Black Eyed Susan drink.

By Kelley Midland

What better way to cheer I'll Have Another to a Preakness victory than with a well-chilled Black-Eyed Susan?

I can't make it to Pimlico, but it's a sure bet this fruity beverage treat will take center stage at my Preakness Party!

The Official Black-eyed Susan recipe calls for:

3/4 oz 42 Below Vodka

1-1/4 oz Early Times Kentucky Whisky

3 oz sweet & sour mix

2 oz orange juice

Garnish with an orange slice and a cherry.

You can find this recipe at http://www.preakness.com/preakness-tradition/black-eyed-susan-official-drink-preakness.

But we know how to make a cocktail in the south.  I'll stick with the southern recipe. With any luck, they will wear off in time for the Belmont!

Black-eyed Susan Southern Style:

3/4 cup orange juice

1/2 cup pineapple juice

3 tablespoons vodka

3 tablespoons light rum

2 tablespoons orange liqueur

Stir ingredients and pour over crushed ice. Garnish with orange slices, lime slices, or fresh cherries.

My Preakness Pick?  Isn't it obvious?

Older Comments about Black-eyed Susans? Yes! I'll Have Another....

I'll have one of each!