• Even Thunder (5-2) holds on to win the King's Swan.Posted 17 hours ago
  • Effinex, earner of more than $3.3 million, has been retired to stud in New York.Posted 3 days ago
  • Back on dirt, Midnight Storm (8-5) rolls home in the Native Diver.Posted 5 days ago
  • Kitasan Black, the favorite, scores victory in the Japan Cup.Posted 6 days ago
  • Farrell (10-1) easily wires the field in the Grade 2 Golden Rod.Posted 6 days ago
  • Connect (3-2) nips Divining Rod in an excellent Cigar Mile stretch duel.Posted 6 days ago
  • Mo Town (4-1) much the best in the Grade 2 Remsen at Aqueduct.Posted 6 days ago
  • Miss Sky Warrior (5-1) holds off Jamyson 'n Ginger in the Demoiselle.Posted 6 days ago
  • Verve's Tale (20-1) powers by Lewis Bay late to win the Comely.Posted 6 days ago
  • Texas Ryano (2-1) much the best in the Hollywood Turf Cup.Posted 7 days ago

Black-eyed Susans? Yes! I'll Have Another.

Black Eyed Susan drink.

By Kelley Midland

What better way to cheer I'll Have Another to a Preakness victory than with a well-chilled Black-Eyed Susan?

I can't make it to Pimlico, but it's a sure bet this fruity beverage treat will take center stage at my Preakness Party!

The Official Black-eyed Susan recipe calls for:

3/4 oz 42 Below Vodka

1-1/4 oz Early Times Kentucky Whisky

3 oz sweet & sour mix

2 oz orange juice

Garnish with an orange slice and a cherry.

You can find this recipe at http://www.preakness.com/preakness-tradition/black-eyed-susan-official-drink-preakness.

But we know how to make a cocktail in the south.  I'll stick with the southern recipe. With any luck, they will wear off in time for the Belmont!

Black-eyed Susan Southern Style:

3/4 cup orange juice

1/2 cup pineapple juice

3 tablespoons vodka

3 tablespoons light rum

2 tablespoons orange liqueur

Stir ingredients and pour over crushed ice. Garnish with orange slices, lime slices, or fresh cherries.

My Preakness Pick?  Isn't it obvious?

Older Comments about Black-eyed Susans? Yes! I'll Have Another....

I'll have one of each!