• Haveyougoneaway (7-2) wears down Paulassilverlining to win the Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 39 minutes ago
  • Exaggerator is going in the Haskell, according to Steve Edelson of the Asbury Park Press.Posted 4 hours ago
  • The Gurkha wins a Sussex thriller over Galileo Gold and Ribchester.Posted 7 hours ago
  • Amis Gizmo romps home in the Prince of Wales at Fort Erie.Posted 21 hours ago
  • Long On Value (7-2) cuts back and rolls in the Lucky Coin Stakes.Posted 2 days ago
  • Songbird repels the challenge of Carina Mia, and romps home in the CCA Oaks.Posted 2 days ago
  • Up With the Birds swings to victory in Woodbine's Nijinsky Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Tin Type Gal rides the rail to victory in Monmouth's Boiling Springs.Posted 3 days ago
  • California Chrome edges Dortmund in a San Diego Handicap showdown.Posted 3 days ago
  • Mokat (7-1) turns the San Clemente into a one-filly show.Posted 3 days ago

Big Bane Theory Seeks Better Luck at SA

Big Bane Theory’s ninth-place finish in the Grade I Hollywood Derby was worse than it looked. Take it from Joe Talamo, who has ridden the 3-year-old son of grass champion Artie Schiller in each of his four starts, winning two.

“I’m surprised he didn’t fall,” said the 22-year-old Talamo, fresh from winning Santa Anita’s Autumn Meet riding title with 37 victories. “I was following a horse—I don’t even know what horse it was—and he clipped heels in front of me and I almost ran right over him.

“My horse definitely didn’t have that good of a trip, especially down the lane. The race before (an allowance win at 1 1/8 miles on the grass) he ran an unbelievable race. We really thought a lot of him to run him in the Hollywood Derby, but you can just toss that race out.”

The field for the Sir Beaufort: Fit to Rule, Edwin Maldonado; Press Baron, Victor Espinoza; Smart Ellis, Julien Leparoux; Big Bane Theory, Joe Talamo; Midnight Crooner, Martin Garcia; Conspiracy, Garrett Gomez; Battle Force, Mike Smith; and Silentio, Rafael Bejarano.