• Frosted is pointing to the Breeders' Cup Classic, per his connections.Posted 1 day ago
  • Erupt (IRE) at 12-1 closes to win the $1,000,000 Pattison Canadian International (G1)Posted 4 days ago
  • Al's Gal (6-1) wins the head bob and the E. P. Taylor (G1) at WoodbinePosted 4 days ago
  • Blanket finish in the Nearctic (G2) at Woodbine goes to Calgary Cat (15-1)Posted 4 days ago
  • Arella Rockstar (12-1) upsets the Matron (G3) at Belmont Park.Posted 4 days ago
  • Time and Motion (3-1) wins a three-filly photo in the QE II Challenge Cup.Posted 5 days ago
  • Undefeated Theory (3-10) kicks away to a Futurity scorePosted 5 days ago
  • Almanzor turns away Found in the Group 1 British Champions Stakes.Posted 5 days ago
  • Minding better than the boys in the Queen Elizabeth II at Ascot.Posted 5 days ago
  • 2nd last year, Journey romps home in this year's Champions Day Fillies & Mares.Posted 5 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Big Bane Theory Seeks Better Luck at SA

Big Bane Theory’s ninth-place finish in the Grade I Hollywood Derby was worse than it looked. Take it from Joe Talamo, who has ridden the 3-year-old son of grass champion Artie Schiller in each of his four starts, winning two.

“I’m surprised he didn’t fall,” said the 22-year-old Talamo, fresh from winning Santa Anita’s Autumn Meet riding title with 37 victories. “I was following a horse—I don’t even know what horse it was—and he clipped heels in front of me and I almost ran right over him.

“My horse definitely didn’t have that good of a trip, especially down the lane. The race before (an allowance win at 1 1/8 miles on the grass) he ran an unbelievable race. We really thought a lot of him to run him in the Hollywood Derby, but you can just toss that race out.”

The field for the Sir Beaufort: Fit to Rule, Edwin Maldonado; Press Baron, Victor Espinoza; Smart Ellis, Julien Leparoux; Big Bane Theory, Joe Talamo; Midnight Crooner, Martin Garcia; Conspiracy, Garrett Gomez; Battle Force, Mike Smith; and Silentio, Rafael Bejarano.