• Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 4 days ago
  • Cheekaboo wins a blanket finish in the Honeymoon at 23-1.Posted 5 days ago
  • Donegal Moon scores after Unified comes up empty in the Pegasus Stakes.Posted 5 days ago
  • Ancient Secret just gets up to win the Wild Applause Stakes at Belmont Park.Posted 5 days ago
  • Bradester (9-1) upsets the Stephen Foster (G1) in gate to wire fashionPosted 5 days ago
  • Pleuven (Fr), with a stalking move, wins the Wise Dan (G2) at 7-1Posted 5 days ago
  • Paid Up Subscriber (6-1) rallies and draws off to win the Fleur de Lis Handicap (G2)Posted 5 days ago
  • Songbird (1-9) stays unbeaten in the Summertime Oaks (G2) at Santa Anita.Posted 5 days ago
  • Gun Runner (1-9) goes gate to wire to easily take the Matt Winn (G3).Posted 5 days ago

Belmont 2012: I'll Have Another Avoids Collision With Loose Horse

I'll Have Another jogs at Belmont Park.
A loose horse on the Belmont oval almost upset I'll Have Another's Triple Crown bid. The DRF reports the Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner was on the track with pony Lava Man, jogging along the outside rail when the incident occured. The loose horse approached I'll Have Another in a full-out gallop and darted through the space between him and the outside rail, narrowly missing the Derby winner and avoiding catastrophe.

Older Comments about Belmont 2012: I'll Have Another Avoids Collision With Loose Horse...

That would've been a catastrophe!
Maybe he'll run into her in the future and she'll have his foal. Sorry, just trying to bury a different thread..
Same here Mary, but I think he'll be okay- he was probably just startled quite a bit. I'm just glad that she didn't injure him.
That loose filly squeezed between the rail and IHA. I hope it didn't make him afraid of horses getting too close.
This incident will add to the legend if he does win the Belmont.
That could have been catastrophic