• Tequilita (5-2) returns to the winner's circle in the Grade 3 Charles Town Oaks.Posted 10 hours ago
  • Sharp Azteca (1-2) draws clear in the Grade 2 Kelso.Posted 14 hours ago
  • West Coast (4-5) leaves the field far behind in the Grade 1 Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 14 hours ago
  • It Tiz Well (5-1) bests Abel Tasman in the Grade 1 Cotillion.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Coal Front (4-5) refuses to let American Pastime by in the Grade 3 Gallant Bob.Posted 16 hours ago
  • Page McKenney (6-1) digs down and holds on in the Pa Derby Champion Stakes.Posted 16 hours ago
  • Off Limits (8-5) glides by her competition in the Grade 3 Noble Damsel.Posted 18 hours ago
  • Capla Temptress (5-1) rolls home in the Natalma, while making her North American debut.Posted 6 days ago
  • Untamed Domain (3-1) kicks it in late to win the Summer Stakes at Woodbine.Posted 6 days ago
  • World Approval (2-1) shows he is much the best in the Grade 1 Woodbine Mile.Posted 7 days ago

(VIDEO) Kentucky Derby Backside This Morning

Bodemeister backstage at the Derby Video
When I first arrived at the track this morning I thought the weather may be a bit shaky for training. However, by the maintenance break at 8:30, we saw some of the most beautiful weather to hit Louisville in the last few weeks. This morning I'll feature five horses that hit the track after the break. Among these five horses, four are in my top 10 in this year's field. I stationed myself near Bob Baffert because I shot a lot of footage of Bodemeister. Also out on the track this morning were Prospective, Mark Valeski, Optimizer, and Dullahan.

The other horses that are in my top 10 are Union Rags, Take Charge Indy, Creative Cause, Hansen, Daddy Nose Best, and Went The Day Well. We'll check back in tomorrow to see Union Rags and others as we narrow down the days until the Kentucky Derby!

Older Comments about (VIDEO) Kentucky Derby Backside This Morning...

It almost seems like he is over collected, like he wants to stride out but is being held collected up.
@skipaway2000. just reviewed Dullahan and Went the Day Well. Dullahan has the really high action that seems to do so well on synthetic. He hits the ground pretty hard. Went the Day Well is never gonna be confused with To Honor and Serve, but not so much.
Dullahan's front leg action is interesting... love this behind-the-scenes look!!!
Can not wait till I am able to go out there starting Monday morning! Most wide open Derby in Years!!
Nice work! What a great look at what the backside is like at Churchill Downs!