• Magic Mark upsets the Bertrando Stakes at 11-1 to kickoff the Los Alamitos meet.Posted 1 day ago
  • Salutos Amigos dominant in Monmouth Park's Mr. Prospector.Posted 5 days ago
  • Crucero upsets the San Juan Capistrano at odds of 23-1.Posted 5 days ago
  • La Verdad skips through the Belmont slop to a victory in the Dancin Renee.Posted 5 days ago
  • Treve too much for Flintshire and the rest in today's Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud.Posted 5 days ago
  • Golden Lad surges late to score in the Prairie Meadows Cornhusker.Posted 6 days ago
  • Bent on Bourbon has his coming out party in the Iowa Derby.Posted 6 days ago
  • Departing slips through on the hedge to win the Firecracker.Posted 6 days ago
  • Sarah Sis just holds off Pangburn in the Iowa Oaks.Posted 6 days ago
  • Cosmic Evolution edges away to victory in the Debutante.Posted 6 days ago

(VIDEO) Kentucky Derby Backside This Morning

Bodemeister backstage at the Derby Video
When I first arrived at the track this morning I thought the weather may be a bit shaky for training. However, by the maintenance break at 8:30, we saw some of the most beautiful weather to hit Louisville in the last few weeks. This morning I'll feature five horses that hit the track after the break. Among these five horses, four are in my top 10 in this year's field. I stationed myself near Bob Baffert because I shot a lot of footage of Bodemeister. Also out on the track this morning were Prospective, Mark Valeski, Optimizer, and Dullahan.

The other horses that are in my top 10 are Union Rags, Take Charge Indy, Creative Cause, Hansen, Daddy Nose Best, and Went The Day Well. We'll check back in tomorrow to see Union Rags and others as we narrow down the days until the Kentucky Derby!

Older Comments about (VIDEO) Kentucky Derby Backside This Morning...

It almost seems like he is over collected, like he wants to stride out but is being held collected up.
@skipaway2000. just reviewed Dullahan and Went the Day Well. Dullahan has the really high action that seems to do so well on synthetic. He hits the ground pretty hard. Went the Day Well is never gonna be confused with To Honor and Serve, but not so much.
Dullahan's front leg action is interesting... love this behind-the-scenes look!!!
Can not wait till I am able to go out there starting Monday morning! Most wide open Derby in Years!!
Nice work! What a great look at what the backside is like at Churchill Downs!