• Long shot Stormy Lucy (65-1) upsets the Matriarch (G1) at Del Mar in the last stride. Posted 1 day ago
  • Dortmund romps home a winner in the Native Diver.Posted 2 days ago
  • Commissioner much the best in the Hawthorne Gold Cup.Posted 2 days ago
  • Chiropractor edges March for a Hollywood Derby win at 14-1.Posted 2 days ago
  • Airoforce takes to the dirt in a big way, pulling away to win the Kentucky Jockey Club.Posted 2 days ago
  • Carina Mia turns back Stageplay in the Golden Rod.Posted 2 days ago
  • Tonalist with a late rush to just get up in the Cigar Mile!Posted 3 days ago
  • Forever Unbridled outduels Carrumba to the wire in the Comely.Posted 3 days ago
  • Mohaymen an impressive winner of Aqueduct's nine furlong Remsen.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lewis Bay runs to her odds in the Demoiselle.Posted 3 days ago

(VIDEO) Kentucky Derby Backside This Morning

Bodemeister backstage at the Derby Video
When I first arrived at the track this morning I thought the weather may be a bit shaky for training. However, by the maintenance break at 8:30, we saw some of the most beautiful weather to hit Louisville in the last few weeks. This morning I'll feature five horses that hit the track after the break. Among these five horses, four are in my top 10 in this year's field. I stationed myself near Bob Baffert because I shot a lot of footage of Bodemeister. Also out on the track this morning were Prospective, Mark Valeski, Optimizer, and Dullahan.

The other horses that are in my top 10 are Union Rags, Take Charge Indy, Creative Cause, Hansen, Daddy Nose Best, and Went The Day Well. We'll check back in tomorrow to see Union Rags and others as we narrow down the days until the Kentucky Derby!

Older Comments about (VIDEO) Kentucky Derby Backside This Morning...

It almost seems like he is over collected, like he wants to stride out but is being held collected up.
@skipaway2000. just reviewed Dullahan and Went the Day Well. Dullahan has the really high action that seems to do so well on synthetic. He hits the ground pretty hard. Went the Day Well is never gonna be confused with To Honor and Serve, but not so much.
Dullahan's front leg action is interesting... love this behind-the-scenes look!!!
Can not wait till I am able to go out there starting Monday morning! Most wide open Derby in Years!!
Nice work! What a great look at what the backside is like at Churchill Downs!