• There's no catching Si Sage in the Grade 2 Charles Whittingham Stakes at Santa Anita.Posted 4 hours ago
  • Lexie Lou returns to her winning ways in today's Grade 2 Nassau Stakes.Posted 7 hours ago
  • Enola Gray takes the Melair gate to wire.Posted 1 day ago
  • Surgical Strike charges on the outside to win the Arlington Classic (G3).Posted 1 day ago
  • Diva Express and I'm a Looker make a dead heat run in the Winning Colors (G3).Posted 1 day ago
  • Flipcup game in Arlington Matron (G3) victory.Posted 1 day ago
  • In his first start since the Remsen, Gift Box rolls over a strong allowance field at Belmont.Posted 3 days ago
  • Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 6 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 7 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 8 days ago

(VIDEO) Kentucky Derby Backside This Morning

Bodemeister backstage at the Derby Video
When I first arrived at the track this morning I thought the weather may be a bit shaky for training. However, by the maintenance break at 8:30, we saw some of the most beautiful weather to hit Louisville in the last few weeks. This morning I'll feature five horses that hit the track after the break. Among these five horses, four are in my top 10 in this year's field. I stationed myself near Bob Baffert because I shot a lot of footage of Bodemeister. Also out on the track this morning were Prospective, Mark Valeski, Optimizer, and Dullahan.

The other horses that are in my top 10 are Union Rags, Take Charge Indy, Creative Cause, Hansen, Daddy Nose Best, and Went The Day Well. We'll check back in tomorrow to see Union Rags and others as we narrow down the days until the Kentucky Derby!

Older Comments about (VIDEO) Kentucky Derby Backside This Morning...

It almost seems like he is over collected, like he wants to stride out but is being held collected up.
@skipaway2000. just reviewed Dullahan and Went the Day Well. Dullahan has the really high action that seems to do so well on synthetic. He hits the ground pretty hard. Went the Day Well is never gonna be confused with To Honor and Serve, but not so much.
Dullahan's front leg action is interesting... love this behind-the-scenes look!!!
Can not wait till I am able to go out there starting Monday morning! Most wide open Derby in Years!!
Nice work! What a great look at what the backside is like at Churchill Downs!