• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 4 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 5 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 5 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 5 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 5 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 5 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 5 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 5 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 6 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 11 days ago

(VIDEO) Kentucky Derby Backside This Morning

Bodemeister backstage at the Derby Video
When I first arrived at the track this morning I thought the weather may be a bit shaky for training. However, by the maintenance break at 8:30, we saw some of the most beautiful weather to hit Louisville in the last few weeks. This morning I'll feature five horses that hit the track after the break. Among these five horses, four are in my top 10 in this year's field. I stationed myself near Bob Baffert because I shot a lot of footage of Bodemeister. Also out on the track this morning were Prospective, Mark Valeski, Optimizer, and Dullahan.

The other horses that are in my top 10 are Union Rags, Take Charge Indy, Creative Cause, Hansen, Daddy Nose Best, and Went The Day Well. We'll check back in tomorrow to see Union Rags and others as we narrow down the days until the Kentucky Derby!

Older Comments about (VIDEO) Kentucky Derby Backside This Morning...

It almost seems like he is over collected, like he wants to stride out but is being held collected up.
@skipaway2000. just reviewed Dullahan and Went the Day Well. Dullahan has the really high action that seems to do so well on synthetic. He hits the ground pretty hard. Went the Day Well is never gonna be confused with To Honor and Serve, but not so much.
Dullahan's front leg action is interesting... love this behind-the-scenes look!!!
Can not wait till I am able to go out there starting Monday morning! Most wide open Derby in Years!!
Nice work! What a great look at what the backside is like at Churchill Downs!