• Far From Over is injured and off the Kentucky Derby trail, according to owner, James Covello.Posted 1 day ago
  • Materiality turns away the challenge of Upstart to win the Florida Derby.Posted 4 days ago
  • International Star reels in Stanford late to win the Louisiana Derby.Posted 4 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox sweeps the 3yo filly stakes at Fair Grounds with today's win in the Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Pants On Fire guts out a win in the Sir Shackleton.Posted 4 days ago
  • War Correspondent rolls late to win the Appleton.Posted 4 days ago
  • Prince Bishop wins the world's richest race; California Chrome 2nd.Posted 4 days ago
  • Dolniya dominates the boys in the Dubai Sheema ClassicPosted 4 days ago
  • Solow defeats The Grey Gatsby in the $6,000,000 Dubai TurfPosted 4 days ago

Baze Says Renee's Titan No Fluke

Renee's Titan upsets Beholder in the 2013 Santa Ynez Stakes.

Tyler Baze cautions that his victory aboard 20-1 shot Renee’s Titan over 1-5 favorite Beholder in the Santa Ynez Stakes on Jan. 21 wasn’t a shock, at least in his eyes.

“It didn’t surprise me,” Baze said after working Renee’s Titan six furlongs Saturday in a bullet 1:13.40. “The filly has a lot of talent, and every time I work her, she always works awesome. I was really looking forward to riding her on the dirt in the Santa Ynez.

“That race wasn’t a fluke, not the way she was training, and right now she’s really training well . . . She couldn’t be doing any better.”

Renee’s Titan and Beholder are on course for a rematch in the Grade I Las Virgenes Stakes at one mile on Santa Anita Handicap Day, Saturday, March 2.

Older Comments about Baze Says Renee's Titan No Fluke...

Renee’s Titan, who upset champion Beholder in the Jan. 21 Santa Ynez Stakes, worked five furlongs for Doug O’Neill in 1:00.60 as she prepares for a return match with Beholder in the Grade I Las Virgenes Stakes at one mile a week from Saturday.