• Even Thunder (5-2) holds on to win the King's Swan.Posted 17 hours ago
  • Effinex, earner of more than $3.3 million, has been retired to stud in New York.Posted 3 days ago
  • Back on dirt, Midnight Storm (8-5) rolls home in the Native Diver.Posted 5 days ago
  • Kitasan Black, the favorite, scores victory in the Japan Cup.Posted 6 days ago
  • Farrell (10-1) easily wires the field in the Grade 2 Golden Rod.Posted 6 days ago
  • Connect (3-2) nips Divining Rod in an excellent Cigar Mile stretch duel.Posted 6 days ago
  • Mo Town (4-1) much the best in the Grade 2 Remsen at Aqueduct.Posted 6 days ago
  • Miss Sky Warrior (5-1) holds off Jamyson 'n Ginger in the Demoiselle.Posted 6 days ago
  • Verve's Tale (20-1) powers by Lewis Bay late to win the Comely.Posted 6 days ago
  • Texas Ryano (2-1) much the best in the Hollywood Turf Cup.Posted 7 days ago

Bay Shore Stakes Quotes

BAY SHORE QUOTES

Harold Lerner, winning owner of favored Eightyfiveinafifty (No. 1):Ramon said everything was OK and we got to the wire first, that's what counts. 21 and change, 45 and change – he's got an engine. He's a really nice racehorse.

“The next race may be the Derby Trial (Grade 3, 1 mile, Apr. 24, Churchill Downs). Perhaps, then, the Preakness. The big dance (Kentucky Derby)? We're not ruling that out. One thing at a time. We don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves.”

Ramon Dominguez, winning jockey aboard favored Eightyfiveinafifty (No. 1): “He’s a big horse with a big stride. It didn’t feel as if he was going in 1:08, but that’s the way it is with the good ones. I had no problem with him.”

Calvin Borel, rider aboard second-place finisher Hurricane Ike (No. 4): “I thought he ran a huge race coming off of those races on the synthetic tracks. I knew Eightyfiveinafifty was the horse to beat. Going down the backstretch, I saw Eightyfiveinafifty's head was turned, but I knew Ramon had control of him. Coming for home, I thought we had a chance to get him, but my horse got a little bit tired in the end.”