• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 4 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 5 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 5 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 5 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 5 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 8 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 10 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 11 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 11 days ago

Bay Shore Stakes Quotes

BAY SHORE QUOTES

Harold Lerner, winning owner of favored Eightyfiveinafifty (No. 1):Ramon said everything was OK and we got to the wire first, that's what counts. 21 and change, 45 and change – he's got an engine. He's a really nice racehorse.

“The next race may be the Derby Trial (Grade 3, 1 mile, Apr. 24, Churchill Downs). Perhaps, then, the Preakness. The big dance (Kentucky Derby)? We're not ruling that out. One thing at a time. We don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves.”

Ramon Dominguez, winning jockey aboard favored Eightyfiveinafifty (No. 1): “He’s a big horse with a big stride. It didn’t feel as if he was going in 1:08, but that’s the way it is with the good ones. I had no problem with him.”

Calvin Borel, rider aboard second-place finisher Hurricane Ike (No. 4): “I thought he ran a huge race coming off of those races on the synthetic tracks. I knew Eightyfiveinafifty was the horse to beat. Going down the backstretch, I saw Eightyfiveinafifty's head was turned, but I knew Ramon had control of him. Coming for home, I thought we had a chance to get him, but my horse got a little bit tired in the end.”