• Long shot Stormy Lucy (65-1) upsets the Matriarch (G1) at Del Mar in the last stride. Posted 4 hours ago
  • Dortmund romps home a winner in the Native Diver.Posted 1 day ago
  • Commissioner much the best in the Hawthorne Gold Cup.Posted 1 day ago
  • Chiropractor edges March for a Hollywood Derby win at 14-1.Posted 1 day ago
  • Airoforce takes to the dirt in a big way, pulling away to win the Kentucky Jockey Club.Posted 1 day ago
  • Carina Mia turns back Stageplay in the Golden Rod.Posted 1 day ago
  • Tonalist with a late rush to just get up in the Cigar Mile!Posted 1 day ago
  • Forever Unbridled outduels Carrumba to the wire in the Comely.Posted 1 day ago
  • Mohaymen an impressive winner of Aqueduct's nine furlong Remsen.Posted 1 day ago
  • Lewis Bay runs to her odds in the Demoiselle.Posted 1 day ago

Bay Shore Stakes Quotes

Harold Lerner, winning owner of favored Eightyfiveinafifty (No. 1):Ramon said everything was OK and we got to the wire first, that's what counts. 21 and change, 45 and change – he's got an engine. He's a really nice racehorse.

“The next race may be the Derby Trial (Grade 3, 1 mile, Apr. 24, Churchill Downs). Perhaps, then, the Preakness. The big dance (Kentucky Derby)? We're not ruling that out. One thing at a time. We don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves.”

Ramon Dominguez, winning jockey aboard favored Eightyfiveinafifty (No. 1): “He’s a big horse with a big stride. It didn’t feel as if he was going in 1:08, but that’s the way it is with the good ones. I had no problem with him.”

Calvin Borel, rider aboard second-place finisher Hurricane Ike (No. 4): “I thought he ran a huge race coming off of those races on the synthetic tracks. I knew Eightyfiveinafifty was the horse to beat. Going down the backstretch, I saw Eightyfiveinafifty's head was turned, but I knew Ramon had control of him. Coming for home, I thought we had a chance to get him, but my horse got a little bit tired in the end.”