• Enola Gray remains undefeated in 3 starts after running away with the Fleet Treat.Posted 9 hours ago
  • Heavily favored Enola Gray makes short work of her competition in the Fleet Treat.Posted 9 hours ago
  • Ancient Secret takes the Lake George (G2).Posted 13 hours ago
  • Sweet Loretta the strong winner of the Schuylerville (G3).Posted 14 hours ago
  • Pretty N Cool flaunts her class in the C.E.R.F. Stakes at Del Mar.Posted 2 days ago
  • Superstar turf horse, Postponed will not defend in Saturday's King George due to respiratory infection.Posted 2 days ago
  • Midnight Storm proves too tough to pass in the Grade 2 Eddie Read.Posted 5 days ago
  • Barleysugar (10-1) makes short work of the Sandy Blue in her U.S. debut.Posted 5 days ago
  • Miss Freeze (8-1) ices her competition with a debut win in the Lynbrook Stakes.Posted 5 days ago
  • There's no catching Midnight Miley (27-1) in the Ontario Matron.Posted 5 days ago

Bay Shore Stakes Quotes

BAY SHORE QUOTES

Harold Lerner, winning owner of favored Eightyfiveinafifty (No. 1):Ramon said everything was OK and we got to the wire first, that's what counts. 21 and change, 45 and change – he's got an engine. He's a really nice racehorse.

“The next race may be the Derby Trial (Grade 3, 1 mile, Apr. 24, Churchill Downs). Perhaps, then, the Preakness. The big dance (Kentucky Derby)? We're not ruling that out. One thing at a time. We don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves.”

Ramon Dominguez, winning jockey aboard favored Eightyfiveinafifty (No. 1): “He’s a big horse with a big stride. It didn’t feel as if he was going in 1:08, but that’s the way it is with the good ones. I had no problem with him.”

Calvin Borel, rider aboard second-place finisher Hurricane Ike (No. 4): “I thought he ran a huge race coming off of those races on the synthetic tracks. I knew Eightyfiveinafifty was the horse to beat. Going down the backstretch, I saw Eightyfiveinafifty's head was turned, but I knew Ramon had control of him. Coming for home, I thought we had a chance to get him, but my horse got a little bit tired in the end.”