• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 4 days ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 4 days ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 4 days ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 5 days ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 5 days ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 5 days ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 6 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 9 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 11 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 12 days ago

Bay Shore Stakes Quotes

BAY SHORE QUOTES

Harold Lerner, winning owner of favored Eightyfiveinafifty (No. 1):Ramon said everything was OK and we got to the wire first, that's what counts. 21 and change, 45 and change – he's got an engine. He's a really nice racehorse.

“The next race may be the Derby Trial (Grade 3, 1 mile, Apr. 24, Churchill Downs). Perhaps, then, the Preakness. The big dance (Kentucky Derby)? We're not ruling that out. One thing at a time. We don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves.”

Ramon Dominguez, winning jockey aboard favored Eightyfiveinafifty (No. 1): “He’s a big horse with a big stride. It didn’t feel as if he was going in 1:08, but that’s the way it is with the good ones. I had no problem with him.”

Calvin Borel, rider aboard second-place finisher Hurricane Ike (No. 4): “I thought he ran a huge race coming off of those races on the synthetic tracks. I knew Eightyfiveinafifty was the horse to beat. Going down the backstretch, I saw Eightyfiveinafifty's head was turned, but I knew Ramon had control of him. Coming for home, I thought we had a chance to get him, but my horse got a little bit tired in the end.”