• Bode's Dream (5-2) returns victorious in the House Party to remain undefeated.Posted 0 seconds ago
  • Australia's Hugh Bowman wins the Longines International Jockey Challenge.Posted 3 days ago
  • Miss Temple City (8-5) hits the wire just in front in the Grade 1 Matriarch.Posted 5 days ago
  • Annals of Time (5-1) gets clear late in the Grade 1 Hollywood Derby.Posted 6 days ago
  • Vale Dori (1-2) much the best in the Grade 2 Bayakoa.Posted 6 days ago
  • Royal Posse (3-5) repeats in the Claiming Crown Jewel and becomes a millionaire.Posted 6 days ago
  • King and His Court (8-5) flies home to win the Display Stakes.Posted 6 days ago
  • R Angel Katelyn (8-5) leads all the way in the Sandpiper.Posted 6 days ago
  • Rapid Rhythm runs them down in the Battle of New Orleans.Posted 6 days ago
  • Highway Star (7-1) is up in time to win the Go for Wand.Posted 6 days ago

Baffert Pair Prepping for BC Dirt Mile

It sounded like Bob Baffert had mixed emotions about running Capital Account and Coil in Saturday’s Grade I, Breeders’ Cup “Win and You’re In” Santa Anita Sprint Championship at six furlongs.

“That’s going to be tough,” Baffert said. “To me, both those horses need seven-eighths but I want to get a prep. I want to run them in the (Breeders’ Cup Dirt) Mile.”

Martin Garcia, who has ridden Coil in half of his 10 career races, winning the Grade I Haskell Invitational at 1 1/8 miles, says that over time, the 4-year-old son of 2001 Horse of the Year Point Given has found his running niche.

“When he was a baby, he couldn’t decide how he wanted to run,” said Garcia of Coil, who adds blinkers on Saturday. “He hadn’t developed a style. But now, I think he can run any distance. He’s been working really well. I worked him his last work and he was just cruising.

“Coil always tries. In the Haskell, even though it was a mile and an eighth, he ran a big race. The way he came off the pace you might have thought it was six furlongs.”