• There's no catching Si Sage in the Grade 2 Charles Whittingham Stakes at Santa Anita.Posted 2 hours ago
  • Lexie Lou returns to her winning ways in today's Grade 2 Nassau Stakes.Posted 5 hours ago
  • Enola Gray takes the Melair gate to wire.Posted 1 day ago
  • Surgical Strike charges on the outside to win the Arlington Classic (G3).Posted 1 day ago
  • Diva Express and I'm a Looker make a dead heat run in the Winning Colors (G3).Posted 1 day ago
  • Flipcup game in Arlington Matron (G3) victory.Posted 1 day ago
  • In his first start since the Remsen, Gift Box rolls over a strong allowance field at Belmont.Posted 3 days ago
  • Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 6 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 7 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 8 days ago

Baffert Loves the Breeders' Cup

Bob Baffert
It’s been nearly three decades since Bob Baffert had a vision that led him to become one of the leading Thoroughbred trainers of his generation.

“The Breeders’ Cup is what got me to switch from Quarter Horses to Thoroughbreds,” said Santa Anita’s 11-time training champion, who sends out probable favorite Game On Dude in this year’s $5 million Classic at The Great Race Place on Nov. 2.

“I watched the first Breeders’ Cup at Hollywood Park (in 1984) on television, and I thought, ‘Man, I’d like that. I could do that.”

And do that he did. The 60-year-old Hall of Fame trainer not only has won the Kentucky Derby three times, he has eight Breeders’ Cup wins on his extensive resume, and hopes to add more when the 30th Breeders’ Cup World Championships are run at Santa Anita Nov. 1 and 2.