• Gold Rush Dancer (14-1) pulls the upset in Del Mar's Real Good Deal Stakes.Posted 1 day ago
  • Haveyougoneaway (7-2) wears down Paulassilverlining to win the Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 1 day ago
  • Exaggerator is going in the Haskell, according to Steve Edelson of the Asbury Park Press.Posted 2 days ago
  • The Gurkha wins a Sussex thriller over Galileo Gold and Ribchester.Posted 2 days ago
  • Amis Gizmo romps home in the Prince of Wales at Fort Erie.Posted 2 days ago
  • Long On Value (7-2) cuts back and rolls in the Lucky Coin Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Songbird repels the challenge of Carina Mia, and romps home in the CCA Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Up With the Birds swings to victory in Woodbine's Nijinsky Stakes.Posted 4 days ago
  • Tin Type Gal rides the rail to victory in Monmouth's Boiling Springs.Posted 4 days ago
  • California Chrome edges Dortmund in a San Diego Handicap showdown.Posted 5 days ago

BC Turf Race Likely for My Conquestadory

Trainer Mark Casse said Conquest Stables’ My Conquestadory came out of her adventurous victory in Friday’s Darley Alcibiades (G1) in good order and was headed to Churchill Downs, where she will continue her training for a start in the Breeders’ Cup World Championships at Santa Anita early next month.

Ridden by Eurico Da Silva, My Conquestadory was trapped on the inside behind a wall of horses on the backstretch before finally working out a trip to get clear sailing for a 1¾-length victory over Rosalind.

“I did not have any nightmares about the race, because you have to go to sleep before you can have a nightmare,” Casse said with a laugh. “Over the weekend, we have nine horses running in graded stakes, so come Tuesday, I might sleep for a couple of days.”

Casse will send out Conquest Titan in this afternoon’s Dixiana Breeders’ Futurity (G1) here and Sisterly Love in Sunday’s Juddmonte Spinster (G1); both races are “Win and You’re In” contests for the Breeders’ Cup. A victory by Conquest Titan would make Casse the first trainer to sweep the Alcibiades and Breeders’ Futurity the same year since Pat Byrne did in 1997 with Countess Diana and Favorite Trick.

Friday’s victory earned My Conquestadory a spot in the $2 million Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies (G1) on Nov. 2, but Casse said the $1 million Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (G1) the day before might be the target.

“This is a filly that never has set foot on a dirt track,” Casse said. “We are going to Churchill Downs this morning and we have a month. It is still to be determined and if I had to decide today it would be 100 percent turf. But if it is dirt, it would not be for the money, it would be for the (2-year-old filly) championship.”

Now unbeaten in two starts, My Conquestadory has a grass win over males on her resume as well as Friday’s Polytrack victory.

Also heading to Churchill Downs this morning for Casse was Gary Barber and WinStar Farm’s Laugh Track, runner-up in Friday’s Stoll Keenon Ogden Phoenix (G3).

“He is doing great this morning,” Casse said. “We will aim for the Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile (G1) with him.”

In other Darley Alcibiades news, Landaluce Educe Stables’ Rosalind, the runner-up in the race, was back at Churchill Downs and doing well after chasing My Conquestadory.

“She has been training there,” trainer Ken McPeek said. “She is a pretty special filly and we are looking at the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies on dirt. There are two reasons: I don’t want to go a mile (in the Juvenile Fillies Turf) and I don’t want to face the winner from yesterday again.”