• Family Tree game down the lane in winning the Iowa Oaks.Posted 5 hours ago
  • Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 5 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 5 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 5 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 5 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 5 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 5 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 5 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 6 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 6 days ago

Awesome Feather the next great filly?

It's far too early to dub Awesome Feather the next superhorse, but after a 6-0 start and a sweep of the three-race Florida Stallion Stakes series Saturday at Calder Race Course, expectations are sky high for the Ocala filly.

"You always wonder if they are as good as you hope they are. In her case, I think I underestimated her," said Stanley Gold, who trains Awesome Feather.

The horse may get a chance to shine on a world stage in the $2 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies stakes on Nov. 5 at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Ky. That race is the same 1 1/16-mile distance as Saturday's My Dear Girl Stakes, the final race of the Florida Stallion Stakes series.

"That's what we discussed going into the race. If she won and did it right, we'd go to the Breeders' Cup. I knew she was good, but I don't think I was prepared for the performance she gave," said Gold.