• Kitten's Point gets there late to win Keeneland's Bewitch.Posted 9 hours ago
  • Keen Ice is now in at #20 for the Kentucky Derby following the defection of Madefromlucky.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Get Happy Mister rides the rails to victory in the San Simeon.Posted 5 days ago
  • El Kabeir breezed 5F in 1:00.18 (3/16) Sunday at BelmontPosted 5 days ago
  • Whiskey Ticket just holds off Conquest Curlinate in the Illinois Derby.Posted 6 days ago
  • Moreno wins the Charles Town Classic, as Shared Belief is eased.Posted 6 days ago
  • Dramedy just holds on to win Keeneland's Elkhorn at 30-1.Posted 6 days ago
  • It's all Hootenanny in his first race back since winning the BC Juvenile Turf.Posted 6 days ago
  • La Verdad best in the Grade 2 Distaff.Posted 6 days ago
  • Carpe Diem covers 4F in :48.00 (5/76) Saturday at Keeneland Posted 6 days ago

Awesome Feather the next great filly?

It's far too early to dub Awesome Feather the next superhorse, but after a 6-0 start and a sweep of the three-race Florida Stallion Stakes series Saturday at Calder Race Course, expectations are sky high for the Ocala filly.

"You always wonder if they are as good as you hope they are. In her case, I think I underestimated her," said Stanley Gold, who trains Awesome Feather.

The horse may get a chance to shine on a world stage in the $2 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies stakes on Nov. 5 at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Ky. That race is the same 1 1/16-mile distance as Saturday's My Dear Girl Stakes, the final race of the Florida Stallion Stakes series.

"That's what we discussed going into the race. If she won and did it right, we'd go to the Breeders' Cup. I knew she was good, but I don't think I was prepared for the performance she gave," said Gold.