• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 8 hours ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 11 hours ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 13 hours ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 1 day ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 1 day ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 1 day ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 5 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 7 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 8 days ago

Awesome Feather the next great filly?

It's far too early to dub Awesome Feather the next superhorse, but after a 6-0 start and a sweep of the three-race Florida Stallion Stakes series Saturday at Calder Race Course, expectations are sky high for the Ocala filly.

"You always wonder if they are as good as you hope they are. In her case, I think I underestimated her," said Stanley Gold, who trains Awesome Feather.

The horse may get a chance to shine on a world stage in the $2 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies stakes on Nov. 5 at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Ky. That race is the same 1 1/16-mile distance as Saturday's My Dear Girl Stakes, the final race of the Florida Stallion Stakes series.

"That's what we discussed going into the race. If she won and did it right, we'd go to the Breeders' Cup. I knew she was good, but I don't think I was prepared for the performance she gave," said Gold.