• Frosted is pointing to the Breeders' Cup Classic, per his connections.Posted 1 day ago
  • Erupt (IRE) at 12-1 closes to win the $1,000,000 Pattison Canadian International (G1)Posted 4 days ago
  • Al's Gal (6-1) wins the head bob and the E. P. Taylor (G1) at WoodbinePosted 4 days ago
  • Blanket finish in the Nearctic (G2) at Woodbine goes to Calgary Cat (15-1)Posted 4 days ago
  • Arella Rockstar (12-1) upsets the Matron (G3) at Belmont Park.Posted 4 days ago
  • Time and Motion (3-1) wins a three-filly photo in the QE II Challenge Cup.Posted 5 days ago
  • Undefeated Theory (3-10) kicks away to a Futurity scorePosted 5 days ago
  • Almanzor turns away Found in the Group 1 British Champions Stakes.Posted 5 days ago
  • Minding better than the boys in the Queen Elizabeth II at Ascot.Posted 5 days ago
  • 2nd last year, Journey romps home in this year's Champions Day Fillies & Mares.Posted 5 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Awesome Feather the next great filly?

It's far too early to dub Awesome Feather the next superhorse, but after a 6-0 start and a sweep of the three-race Florida Stallion Stakes series Saturday at Calder Race Course, expectations are sky high for the Ocala filly.

"You always wonder if they are as good as you hope they are. In her case, I think I underestimated her," said Stanley Gold, who trains Awesome Feather.

The horse may get a chance to shine on a world stage in the $2 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies stakes on Nov. 5 at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Ky. That race is the same 1 1/16-mile distance as Saturday's My Dear Girl Stakes, the final race of the Florida Stallion Stakes series.

"That's what we discussed going into the race. If she won and did it right, we'd go to the Breeders' Cup. I knew she was good, but I don't think I was prepared for the performance she gave," said Gold.