• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 16 hours ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 1 day ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 1 day ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 1 day ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 1 day ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 5 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 6 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 7 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 7 days ago

Auld Lang Syne for Race Fans

Happy New Year, my friends ... Be safe, and all the best for a happy, healthy 2013!

Should Affirmed be forgot
and never brought to mind
Should Beldame be forgot
and auld lang syne

For Citation, my dear
we'll take a cup of kindness yet
for auld lang syne

And surely you'll buy your Exterminator
and surely I'll buy Forego
And we'll take a cup o' kindness yet
for auld lang syne

For Go For Wand, my dear
we'll take a cup of kindness yet
for auld lang syne

Imp has run about the slopes
and picked the daisies fine
But John Henry wandered many a weary foot
since auld lang syne

For Kelso, my dear
we'll take a cup of kindness yet
for auld lang syne

Man O’ War paddled in the stream
from morning sun till din
But Native Dancer has roared
since auld lang syne

For Omaha, my dear
we'll take a cup of kindness yet
for auld lang syne

And there's Quadrangle my trusty friend
And give us a hand o' thine
And Ruffian will take a right good-will draught
for auld lang syne

For Secretariat, my dear
we'll take a cup of kindness yet
for auld lang syne

Should Urban Sea be forgot
and never brought to mind
Should Vindication be forgot
and auld lang syne

And surely you'll buy your Whirlaway
and surely I'll buy Xenomania
And we'll take a cup o' kindness yet
for auld lang syne

For Yonder, my dear
for Zev
we'll take a cup of kindness yet
for auld lang syne

Zev  |  Secretariat  |  Phar Lap  |  Lady's Secret  |  Native Dancer  |  Xenomania  |  Ruffian  |  Whirlaway  |  Omaha  |  Urban Sea  |  Vindication  |  Man o' War  |  Tom Fool  |  Quadrangle  |  Yonder

Older Comments about Auld Lang Syne for Race Fans...

URR, these are only horses that are no longer with us.
I'm surprised you didn't use Zenyatta for Z.
Like, airedale.
May 2013 be a healthy and happy year for all of us, and especially the horses we love.
Agree MaryZ
True that, Mary.
Happy New Year, Anna, Brian A, Brian Z, buckpasser, cocoa, dani, floridaf, footy, icy, Jarrod, Laz, manutim, TBDF, Tim Smith(best-looking and makes me laugh until tears are streaming), tv, wisp of smoke, and All, and Happy Official Birthday to all of the Thoroughbred race horses.
Happy New Year to everyone that enjoys and contributes to HRN. See you in 2013 here and at the track!
Brilliant!
Running this one through the thingamajiginkthing and nailingittothebarn door. A lovely wonderful NY to all. And many huge thanks to HRN.