• Far From Over is injured and off the Kentucky Derby trail, according to owner, James Covello.Posted 21 hours ago
  • Materiality turns away the challenge of Upstart to win the Florida Derby.Posted 3 days ago
  • International Star reels in Stanford late to win the Louisiana Derby.Posted 3 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox sweeps the 3yo filly stakes at Fair Grounds with today's win in the Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Pants On Fire guts out a win in the Sir Shackleton.Posted 3 days ago
  • War Correspondent rolls late to win the Appleton.Posted 3 days ago
  • Prince Bishop wins the world's richest race; California Chrome 2nd.Posted 3 days ago
  • Dolniya dominates the boys in the Dubai Sheema ClassicPosted 3 days ago
  • Solow defeats The Grey Gatsby in the $6,000,000 Dubai TurfPosted 3 days ago

Apple Blossom Possible for Ravi's Song

Mrs. Yoshio Fujita’s Ravi’s Song, convincing winner of Saturday’s second running of the $100,000 New Orleans Ladies, is being considered for a trip to central Arkansas to run in Oaklawn’s Grade I Apple Blossom Handicap on April 15.

“She came out of that race yesterday just fine,” said trainer Carl Bowman on Sunday morning. “In fact, she was kicking and playing around in the test barn like she hadn’t even just run.

“I would say the Apple Blossom is a distinct possibility,” Bowman said. “I’ll have to look around and see what’s available between now and then. The Apple Blossom will remain under consideration but I may just wait for some of the races at Churchill.

“The way I look at it, we’ve been patient with her this long, and she’s turned out to be a very nice racehorse for us and I don’t want to rush into anything,” Bowman concluded. “I’d love to go on a real nice winning streak with her, but I find it’s usually best to let them tell you what they want to do and then listen to what they tell you.”