• Unique Bella is off the Kentucky Oaks trail with a sore shin, per Steve Anderson.Posted 1 day ago
  • Hence (10-1) rallies to win the Sunland Park Derby going away.Posted 3 days ago
  • Ghalia (2-1) edges a game Kell Paso in the Sunland Park Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Itsinthepost (6-1) drives home the win in the Grade 2 San Luis Rey.Posted 4 days ago
  • Fear the Cowboy (7-2) comes running late to capture the Grade 3 Skip Away.Posted 4 days ago
  • Fast and Accurate (24-1) bursts through to upset the Grade 3 Spiral.Posted 4 days ago
  • Purely a Dream (12-1) pulls ahead in the stretch to take the Grade 3 Bourbonette Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Arrogate, despite a dreadful break, wins the Dubai World Cup easily.Posted 4 days ago
  • Jack Hobbs is much the best in the Sheema Classic.Posted 4 days ago
  • Vivlos flies late to get up for the win in the $6 million Dubai Turf.Posted 4 days ago

Apple Blossom Possible for Ravi's Song

Mrs. Yoshio Fujita’s Ravi’s Song, convincing winner of Saturday’s second running of the $100,000 New Orleans Ladies, is being considered for a trip to central Arkansas to run in Oaklawn’s Grade I Apple Blossom Handicap on April 15.

“She came out of that race yesterday just fine,” said trainer Carl Bowman on Sunday morning. “In fact, she was kicking and playing around in the test barn like she hadn’t even just run.

“I would say the Apple Blossom is a distinct possibility,” Bowman said. “I’ll have to look around and see what’s available between now and then. The Apple Blossom will remain under consideration but I may just wait for some of the races at Churchill.

“The way I look at it, we’ve been patient with her this long, and she’s turned out to be a very nice racehorse for us and I don’t want to rush into anything,” Bowman concluded. “I’d love to go on a real nice winning streak with her, but I find it’s usually best to let them tell you what they want to do and then listen to what they tell you.”