• Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 18 hours ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 1 day ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 2 days ago
  • Takeover Target flies home late to win from last in the Grade 2 Dixie.Posted 2 days ago
  • American Freedom fights back for Sir Barton victory.Posted 2 days ago
  • Mizz Money holds on to take the Gallorette (G3) by a nose.Posted 2 days ago
  • Justin Squared was too fast to catch in the Chick Lang.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lady Shipman does not disappoint with a victory in The Very One.Posted 2 days ago
  • Marengo Road gets ahead to take the James W. Murphy.Posted 2 days ago
  • Awtaad upsets Galileo Gold to win the Irish 2000 Guineas.Posted 2 days ago

All-Time Favorite Dominant Distaffers

While doing my daily surf thing the other day, I noticed that a poster on Thoroughbred racing brought up the subject of his Top 10 Fillies of All Time.

This got me to wondering, which were mine? So with pen and notepad (remember those?) I began jotting down names. My brain went on tilt when I reached 25.

I couldn’t believe it. And I didn’t include names like Twilight Tear or Regret or any of the other legendary race mares of history.

Goldikova  |  Paseana  |  All Along  |  Zenyatta  |  Rachel Alexandra  |  Azeri  |  Lady's Secret  |  Ruffian  |  Go For Wand  |  Priceless Gem  |  Princess Rooney  |  Genuine Risk  |  Shuvee  |  Moccasin  |  Davona Dale  |  Bayakoa  |  Miesque  |  Pebbles  |  Ta Wee  |  Landaluce  |  Affectionately  |  Susan's Girl  |  Personal Ensign  |  Chris Evert

Older Comments about All-Time Favorite Dominant Distaffers...

Miesque
My favorite filly has always been Landaluce. I'm dissapointed that she has so few votes. In only 5 races she proved herself to be one of the greatest fillies of all time. You can geuss why I'm an avid Rachel fan. She reminds me so much of how Landaluce was.
hump-free.... in addition to your many mental defects, you also seem to have a readiing comprehension problem. the writer made a point of saying his "favourite" distaffers of all time, not "best". also, he has restricted the list to the past 49 years, which dates back only to 1961. except for the abomination of synthetic surfaces, there wasn't that much different about the sport during the past 5 decades to make comparisons impossible. my vote on his poll went to Ruffian. Z would have been my second choice.
You have to suggest the best of an era to be truly logical in this search. Not best of all time since there is no common yardstick to compare with ...Steel shoes, dull racing surfaces, few races specificially for the distaff set etc. make historical comparison subject to a variety of problems.