• Highland Reel wins another big one, this time in the Prince of Wales's at Royal Ascot.Posted 1 day ago
  • Highland Reel (2-1) powers to victory in the Prince of Wales's Stakes (G1) at Royal AscotPosted 1 day ago
  • Lady Aurelia (2-1) easily wins at Royal Ascot again in the King's Stand (G1).Posted 3 days ago
  • Timeline (1-10) cruises in Monmouth's Pegasus Stakes to remain perfect..Posted 4 days ago
  • Sweeping Paddy (7-2) pounces and scores in the Regret Stakes.Posted 5 days ago
  • Gun Runner (1-2) romps home much the best in the Grade 1 Stephen Foster.Posted 5 days ago
  • Forever Unbridled (1-1) way too much for her Fleur de Lis foes.Posted 5 days ago
  • Kasaqui (3-1) rolls down the lane to victory in the Wise Dan.Posted 5 days ago
  • Faypien (7-2) edges Mopotism in the Grade 2 Summertime Oaks.Posted 5 days ago
  • McCraken (1-5) rolls to a facile score in the Matt Winn.Posted 5 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Royal Ascot 2017

All-Time Favorite Dominant Distaffers

While doing my daily surf thing the other day, I noticed that a poster on Thoroughbred racing brought up the subject of his Top 10 Fillies of All Time.

This got me to wondering, which were mine? So with pen and notepad (remember those?) I began jotting down names. My brain went on tilt when I reached 25.

I couldn’t believe it. And I didn’t include names like Twilight Tear or Regret or any of the other legendary race mares of history.

Goldikova  |  Paseana  |  All Along  |  Zenyatta  |  Rachel Alexandra  |  Azeri  |  Lady's Secret  |  Ruffian  |  Go For Wand  |  Priceless Gem  |  Princess Rooney  |  Genuine Risk  |  Shuvee  |  Moccasin  |  Davona Dale  |  Bayakoa  |  Miesque  |  Pebbles  |  Ta Wee  |  Landaluce  |  Affectionately  |  Susan's Girl  |  Personal Ensign  |  Chris Evert

Older Comments about All-Time Favorite Dominant Distaffers...

Miesque
My favorite filly has always been Landaluce. I'm dissapointed that she has so few votes. In only 5 races she proved herself to be one of the greatest fillies of all time. You can geuss why I'm an avid Rachel fan. She reminds me so much of how Landaluce was.
hump-free.... in addition to your many mental defects, you also seem to have a readiing comprehension problem. the writer made a point of saying his "favourite" distaffers of all time, not "best". also, he has restricted the list to the past 49 years, which dates back only to 1961. except for the abomination of synthetic surfaces, there wasn't that much different about the sport during the past 5 decades to make comparisons impossible. my vote on his poll went to Ruffian. Z would have been my second choice.
You have to suggest the best of an era to be truly logical in this search. Not best of all time since there is no common yardstick to compare with ...Steel shoes, dull racing surfaces, few races specificially for the distaff set etc. make historical comparison subject to a variety of problems.