• Sunbean raises his career record to 12-for-19 lifetime with a Delta Mile victory! Posted 5 hours ago
  • Ocho Ocho Ocho edges Mr. Z in the Delta Downs Jackpot! Posted 5 hours ago
  • Take Charge Brandi scores again, this time in the Delta Downs Princess!Posted 6 hours ago
  • Strike Charmer flew away with the Cardinal! Posted 7 hours ago
  • Yahilwa and Mike Smith get the job done in the Treasure Chest!Posted 7 hours ago
  • Honor Code returns a winner in an Aqueduct allowance! Posted 8 hours ago
  • Ben's Cat vs. Bern Identity in 2014 Fabulous Strike at Penn National.Posted 1 day ago
  • Cigar Mile hopeful Itsmyluckyday drilled a 5f bullet in 1:00.40 at GPW on Nov 20.Posted 1 day ago
  • No Problem a game winner of the Bob Hope! Posted 7 days ago
  • Sparkling Review closes powerfully to win the Mrs Revere! Posted 7 days ago

All-Time Favorite Dominant Distaffers

While doing my daily surf thing the other day, I noticed that a poster on Thoroughbred racing brought up the subject of his Top 10 Fillies of All Time.

This got me to wondering, which were mine? So with pen and notepad (remember those?) I began jotting down names. My brain went on tilt when I reached 25.

I couldn’t believe it. And I didn’t include names like Twilight Tear or Regret or any of the other legendary race mares of history.

Zenyatta  |  Ta Wee  |  Susan's Girl  |  Shuvee  |  Ruffian  |  Rachel Alexandra  |  Princess Rooney  |  Priceless Gem  |  Personal Ensign  |  Pebbles  |  Paseana  |  Moccasin  |  Miesque  |  Landaluce  |  Lady's Secret  |  Goldikova  |  Go For Wand  |  Genuine Risk  |  Davona Dale  |  Chris Evert  |  Bayakoa  |  Azeri  |  All Along  |  Affectionately

Older Comments about All-Time Favorite Dominant Distaffers...

Miesque
My favorite filly has always been Landaluce. I'm dissapointed that she has so few votes. In only 5 races she proved herself to be one of the greatest fillies of all time. You can geuss why I'm an avid Rachel fan. She reminds me so much of how Landaluce was.
hump-free.... in addition to your many mental defects, you also seem to have a readiing comprehension problem. the writer made a point of saying his "favourite" distaffers of all time, not "best". also, he has restricted the list to the past 49 years, which dates back only to 1961. except for the abomination of synthetic surfaces, there wasn't that much different about the sport during the past 5 decades to make comparisons impossible. my vote on his poll went to Ruffian. Z would have been my second choice.
You have to suggest the best of an era to be truly logical in this search. Not best of all time since there is no common yardstick to compare with ...Steel shoes, dull racing surfaces, few races specificially for the distaff set etc. make historical comparison subject to a variety of problems.