• Frosted is pointing to the Breeders' Cup Classic, per his connections.Posted 1 day ago
  • Erupt (IRE) at 12-1 closes to win the $1,000,000 Pattison Canadian International (G1)Posted 4 days ago
  • Al's Gal (6-1) wins the head bob and the E. P. Taylor (G1) at WoodbinePosted 4 days ago
  • Blanket finish in the Nearctic (G2) at Woodbine goes to Calgary Cat (15-1)Posted 4 days ago
  • Arella Rockstar (12-1) upsets the Matron (G3) at Belmont Park.Posted 4 days ago
  • Time and Motion (3-1) wins a three-filly photo in the QE II Challenge Cup.Posted 5 days ago
  • Undefeated Theory (3-10) kicks away to a Futurity scorePosted 5 days ago
  • Almanzor turns away Found in the Group 1 British Champions Stakes.Posted 6 days ago
  • Minding better than the boys in the Queen Elizabeth II at Ascot.Posted 6 days ago
  • 2nd last year, Journey romps home in this year's Champions Day Fillies & Mares.Posted 6 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

All-Time Favorite Dominant Distaffers

While doing my daily surf thing the other day, I noticed that a poster on Thoroughbred racing brought up the subject of his Top 10 Fillies of All Time.

This got me to wondering, which were mine? So with pen and notepad (remember those?) I began jotting down names. My brain went on tilt when I reached 25.

I couldn’t believe it. And I didn’t include names like Twilight Tear or Regret or any of the other legendary race mares of history.

Goldikova  |  Paseana  |  All Along  |  Zenyatta  |  Rachel Alexandra  |  Azeri  |  Lady's Secret  |  Ruffian  |  Go For Wand  |  Priceless Gem  |  Princess Rooney  |  Genuine Risk  |  Shuvee  |  Moccasin  |  Davona Dale  |  Bayakoa  |  Miesque  |  Pebbles  |  Ta Wee  |  Landaluce  |  Affectionately  |  Susan's Girl  |  Personal Ensign  |  Chris Evert

Older Comments about All-Time Favorite Dominant Distaffers...

My favorite filly has always been Landaluce. I'm dissapointed that she has so few votes. In only 5 races she proved herself to be one of the greatest fillies of all time. You can geuss why I'm an avid Rachel fan. She reminds me so much of how Landaluce was.
hump-free.... in addition to your many mental defects, you also seem to have a readiing comprehension problem. the writer made a point of saying his "favourite" distaffers of all time, not "best". also, he has restricted the list to the past 49 years, which dates back only to 1961. except for the abomination of synthetic surfaces, there wasn't that much different about the sport during the past 5 decades to make comparisons impossible. my vote on his poll went to Ruffian. Z would have been my second choice.
You have to suggest the best of an era to be truly logical in this search. Not best of all time since there is no common yardstick to compare with ...Steel shoes, dull racing surfaces, few races specificially for the distaff set etc. make historical comparison subject to a variety of problems.