• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 3 days ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 3 days ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 3 days ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 4 days ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 4 days ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 4 days ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 5 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 8 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 10 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 11 days ago

All-Time Favorite Dominant Distaffers

While doing my daily surf thing the other day, I noticed that a poster on Thoroughbred racing brought up the subject of his Top 10 Fillies of All Time.

This got me to wondering, which were mine? So with pen and notepad (remember those?) I began jotting down names. My brain went on tilt when I reached 25.

I couldn’t believe it. And I didn’t include names like Twilight Tear or Regret or any of the other legendary race mares of history.

Goldikova  |  Paseana  |  All Along  |  Zenyatta  |  Rachel Alexandra  |  Azeri  |  Lady's Secret  |  Ruffian  |  Go For Wand  |  Priceless Gem  |  Princess Rooney  |  Genuine Risk  |  Shuvee  |  Moccasin  |  Davona Dale  |  Bayakoa  |  Miesque  |  Pebbles  |  Ta Wee  |  Landaluce  |  Affectionately  |  Susan's Girl  |  Personal Ensign  |  Chris Evert

Older Comments about All-Time Favorite Dominant Distaffers...

Miesque
My favorite filly has always been Landaluce. I'm dissapointed that she has so few votes. In only 5 races she proved herself to be one of the greatest fillies of all time. You can geuss why I'm an avid Rachel fan. She reminds me so much of how Landaluce was.
hump-free.... in addition to your many mental defects, you also seem to have a readiing comprehension problem. the writer made a point of saying his "favourite" distaffers of all time, not "best". also, he has restricted the list to the past 49 years, which dates back only to 1961. except for the abomination of synthetic surfaces, there wasn't that much different about the sport during the past 5 decades to make comparisons impossible. my vote on his poll went to Ruffian. Z would have been my second choice.
You have to suggest the best of an era to be truly logical in this search. Not best of all time since there is no common yardstick to compare with ...Steel shoes, dull racing surfaces, few races specificially for the distaff set etc. make historical comparison subject to a variety of problems.