• The longest shot Zakaroff (45-1) rallies to upset the El Camino Real Derby (G3) at Golden Gate Fields.Posted 1 day ago
  • Stonestreet's Terra Promessa (1-2) blitzes the field in the Bayakoa (G3) at Oaklawn Park.Posted 1 day ago
  • Imperial Hint (5-2) takes the General George (G3) at Laurel. Posted 1 day ago
  • High Ridge Road (3-1) runs them down to take the Barbara Fritchie (G2) at Laurel.Posted 1 day ago
  • Curlin's Approval (4-5) dominates in the Royal Delta.Posted 1 day ago
  • Multiple graded stakes winner, Alsvid, has been retired from racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • In her 2017 debut, Winx was sensational again, raising her winning streak to 14.Posted 6 days ago
  • Iliad (2-1) much the best in the San Vicente Stakes.Posted 7 days ago
  • Chanel's Legacy (13-1) pulls off the upset in the Martha Washington Stakes.Posted 8 days ago
  • Bolo (6-1) surges late to win the Arcadia for a second straight year.Posted 8 days ago

HRN Flash

Tizway wins the Whitney Handicap is overpowering style!

Older Comments about HRN Flash...

The race was run well, and given his early speed he is a dangerous horse in any race. Still, I'd like to see him win and run outisde of NY but that won't happen until BC day (the run part, I don't see him winning the Classic). NY horses tend to have problems with the Churchill strip. His worst race in the past 2 year was in the BC mile, so you can't look past that. As for the track yesterday, what do you expect? A 1/4 in 24 a half in 49, 6 panels in 113, the pace setup for a slow final time which it was....1.52 is about a 1.50 had the pace been your average 111, lets not blow things out of proporition. this race played out like your average race but had slow pace times on a very slow track (played slow allllllll day) and you got a slow final time. You can't judge horses by time....this same horse went 1.32 in the Met Mile, how easily some choose to forget that. The PACE of a race and TRACK VARIANT/CONDITION are your two best friends as pertaining how to grade final time. I've seen claimers run 1.09s and faster....they ran the 6 panels in 113 yesterday, don't tell me any claimer would have been able to beat a single horse in that race even at the 6 panel marker.....never gonna happen. Time is one of the most irrelvevant things when grading horseflesh.
Tim, look how slow the Test was run 1:24+. I think it was a slow track from that bit of rain, but I will bow to an expert track condition opinion, which I'm sure will show up.
Horrible time though. Some of those G1 horses probabbly ran 154 for a mile 1/8?
wow..I'm going to utube and watch it again:)
very amazing win. I knew he had it at the turn! I was rooting for him!