• Even Thunder (5-2) holds on to win the King's Swan.Posted 9 hours ago
  • Effinex, earner of more than $3.3 million, has been retired to stud in New York.Posted 3 days ago
  • Back on dirt, Midnight Storm (8-5) rolls home in the Native Diver.Posted 5 days ago
  • Kitasan Black, the favorite, scores victory in the Japan Cup.Posted 5 days ago
  • Farrell (10-1) easily wires the field in the Grade 2 Golden Rod.Posted 6 days ago
  • Connect (3-2) nips Divining Rod in an excellent Cigar Mile stretch duel.Posted 6 days ago
  • Mo Town (4-1) much the best in the Grade 2 Remsen at Aqueduct.Posted 6 days ago
  • Miss Sky Warrior (5-1) holds off Jamyson 'n Ginger in the Demoiselle.Posted 6 days ago
  • Verve's Tale (20-1) powers by Lewis Bay late to win the Comely.Posted 6 days ago
  • Texas Ryano (2-1) much the best in the Hollywood Turf Cup.Posted 7 days ago

2012 Belmont Stakes: I'll Have Another's Biggest Role Model - Lava Man

I'll Have Another jogs before the Preakness
Before I'll Have Another invaded the Doug O'neill stable arguably his top horse in his barn was Lava Man. Now retired from racing, Lava Man has been right by I'll Have Another's side throughout his run at the Triple Crown.

Before the most recent success of I'll Have Another, Lava Man earned over $5 million after being claimed for $50,000 by Doug O'Neill. Even with I'll Have Anther’s current buzz in the stable area, many fans center around Lava Man's stall. Prior to the Kentucky Derby, the O'Neill barn was swarmed with several industry media members along with celebrities getting a look at both Lava Man and I'll Have Another. Churchill Downs’ track handicapper Jill Byrne got the chance to get aboard lava man on the backside.

With Lava Man setting an example of the exposure horses get through their success, I'll Have Another has a horse stabled right next to him to look up to. Even though Lava Man would want to take his spot in the starting gate for the 2012 Belmont Stakes, he will have to settle for leading I’ll Have Another to the post for his run at the Triple Crown.