• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 3 days ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 4 days ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 4 days ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 4 days ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 4 days ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 4 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 4 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 5 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

2012 Belmont Stakes: I'll Have Another's Biggest Role Model - Lava Man

I'll Have Another jogs before the Preakness
Before I'll Have Another invaded the Doug O'neill stable arguably his top horse in his barn was Lava Man. Now retired from racing, Lava Man has been right by I'll Have Another's side throughout his run at the Triple Crown.

Before the most recent success of I'll Have Another, Lava Man earned over $5 million after being claimed for $50,000 by Doug O'Neill. Even with I'll Have Anther’s current buzz in the stable area, many fans center around Lava Man's stall. Prior to the Kentucky Derby, the O'Neill barn was swarmed with several industry media members along with celebrities getting a look at both Lava Man and I'll Have Another. Churchill Downs’ track handicapper Jill Byrne got the chance to get aboard lava man on the backside.

With Lava Man setting an example of the exposure horses get through their success, I'll Have Another has a horse stabled right next to him to look up to. Even though Lava Man would want to take his spot in the starting gate for the 2012 Belmont Stakes, he will have to settle for leading I’ll Have Another to the post for his run at the Triple Crown.