• If you bet A Lot in the Paradise Creek, then the winning margin was "a lot" more than the wagering return!Posted 13 hours ago
  • The Nassau goes to Sky Treasure!Posted 13 hours ago
  • Sunday Rules runs them off their feet in the Spring Fever to remain undefeated!Posted 13 hours ago
  • Xtra Luck gets his first stakes win in the Louisville Handicap!Posted 13 hours ago
  • Joe Bravo earned win #5,000 with a victory aboard Boss Man today at Monmouth Park.Posted 14 hours ago
  • There's no catching Black Hornet in the Vigil Stakes at Woodbine.Posted 6 days ago
  • American Pharoah romps home in the Preakness!Posted 7 days ago
  • Ironicus explodes to win the Dixie going away.Posted 7 days ago
  • Ageless best in The Very One again, this time with a course record.Posted 7 days ago
  • Holy Boss much the best in the six furlong Chick Lang.Posted 7 days ago

2012 Belmont Stakes: I'll Have Another's Biggest Role Model - Lava Man

I'll Have Another jogs before the Preakness
Before I'll Have Another invaded the Doug O'neill stable arguably his top horse in his barn was Lava Man. Now retired from racing, Lava Man has been right by I'll Have Another's side throughout his run at the Triple Crown.

Before the most recent success of I'll Have Another, Lava Man earned over $5 million after being claimed for $50,000 by Doug O'Neill. Even with I'll Have Anther’s current buzz in the stable area, many fans center around Lava Man's stall. Prior to the Kentucky Derby, the O'Neill barn was swarmed with several industry media members along with celebrities getting a look at both Lava Man and I'll Have Another. Churchill Downs’ track handicapper Jill Byrne got the chance to get aboard lava man on the backside.

With Lava Man setting an example of the exposure horses get through their success, I'll Have Another has a horse stabled right next to him to look up to. Even though Lava Man would want to take his spot in the starting gate for the 2012 Belmont Stakes, he will have to settle for leading I’ll Have Another to the post for his run at the Triple Crown.