• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 1 day ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 2 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 2 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 2 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 2 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 2 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 2 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 3 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 8 days ago

2012 Belmont Stakes: I'll Have Another's Biggest Role Model - Lava Man

I'll Have Another jogs before the Preakness
Before I'll Have Another invaded the Doug O'neill stable arguably his top horse in his barn was Lava Man. Now retired from racing, Lava Man has been right by I'll Have Another's side throughout his run at the Triple Crown.

Before the most recent success of I'll Have Another, Lava Man earned over $5 million after being claimed for $50,000 by Doug O'Neill. Even with I'll Have Anther’s current buzz in the stable area, many fans center around Lava Man's stall. Prior to the Kentucky Derby, the O'Neill barn was swarmed with several industry media members along with celebrities getting a look at both Lava Man and I'll Have Another. Churchill Downs’ track handicapper Jill Byrne got the chance to get aboard lava man on the backside.

With Lava Man setting an example of the exposure horses get through their success, I'll Have Another has a horse stabled right next to him to look up to. Even though Lava Man would want to take his spot in the starting gate for the 2012 Belmont Stakes, he will have to settle for leading I’ll Have Another to the post for his run at the Triple Crown.