• The longest shot Zakaroff (45-1) rallies to upset the El Camino Real Derby (G3) at Golden Gate Fields.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Stonestreet's Terra Promessa (1-2) blitzes the field in the Bayakoa (G3) at Oaklawn Park.Posted 13 hours ago
  • Imperial Hint (5-2) takes the General George (G3) at Laurel. Posted 13 hours ago
  • High Ridge Road (3-1) runs them down to take the Barbara Fritchie (G2) at Laurel.Posted 14 hours ago
  • Curlin's Approval (4-5) dominates in the Royal Delta.Posted 16 hours ago
  • Multiple graded stakes winner, Alsvid, has been retired from racing.Posted 3 days ago
  • In her 2017 debut, Winx was sensational again, raising her winning streak to 14.Posted 5 days ago
  • Iliad (2-1) much the best in the San Vicente Stakes.Posted 6 days ago
  • Chanel's Legacy (13-1) pulls off the upset in the Martha Washington Stakes.Posted 7 days ago
  • Bolo (6-1) surges late to win the Arcadia for a second straight year.Posted 7 days ago

2011 Kentucky Derby Top 10 - Sept 22

I am getting an early start in my first in a series of blogs devoted to 2011 Kentucky Derby hopefuls. There will be many twists and turns in the coming weeks and months, and the majority of horses on this initial list will almost certainly fall by the wayside.

For my 2010 Derby list, I posted my Top 10 contenders along with five honorable mentions. I will mix it up a bit this time around. In addition to my normal Top 10 I will include the top five fillies.

My list below is based on a combination of promise shown and distance breeding. Boys At Tosconova and J P’s Gusto are the early bloomers but neither has a strong route pedigree. They will both be part of my list but will not occupy the top three spots...