• In a pouring rain, Harmonize rolls on by to a big win in the With AnticipationPosted 9 hours ago
  • Azar gets there late to win Saratoga's With Anticipation.Posted 1 day ago
  • High Noon Rider wins the Better Talk Now as the longest shot on the board.Posted 3 days ago
  • It's all Stellar Wind in Del Mar's Torrey Pines.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lady Shipman both Smart and Fancy in winning another one at the Spa.Posted 4 days ago
  • Keen Ice shocks American Pharoah in the Travers.Posted 5 days ago
  • Flintshire flaunts his class in the Grade 1 Sword Dancer.Posted 5 days ago
  • Nothing but a walk in the park for Private Zone in the Grade 1 Forego.Posted 5 days ago
  • Runhappy runs them off their feet in the Grade 1 King's Bishop.Posted 5 days ago
  • Unbridled Forever storms to victory in the Grade 1 Ballerina.Posted 5 days ago

2011 Kentucky Derby Top 10 - Sept 22

I am getting an early start in my first in a series of blogs devoted to 2011 Kentucky Derby hopefuls. There will be many twists and turns in the coming weeks and months, and the majority of horses on this initial list will almost certainly fall by the wayside.

For my 2010 Derby list, I posted my Top 10 contenders along with five honorable mentions. I will mix it up a bit this time around. In addition to my normal Top 10 I will include the top five fillies.

My list below is based on a combination of promise shown and distance breeding. Boys At Tosconova and J P’s Gusto are the early bloomers but neither has a strong route pedigree. They will both be part of my list but will not occupy the top three spots...