Breeders' Cup 2014

GET FREE BREEDERS' CUP PICKS!  WATCH THE VIDEO!
  • American Pharoah is out of the BC Juvenile due to a bone bruise. Posted 2 days ago
  • Dame Dorothy remains unbeaten in the Turnback the Alarm! Posted 4 days ago
  • West Coast Belle wins the Rags to Riches for fun! Posted 4 days ago
  • Conquest Tsunami storms to victory in the Street Sense! Posted 4 days ago
  • Military Attack defeats a top field in the Sha Tin Trophy! Posted 4 days ago
  • Canadian Lexie Lou wins the Autumn Miss at Santa Anita! Posted 5 days ago
  • Pick of the Litter edges Departing in the final strides of the Fayette! Posted 5 days ago
  • Salutos Amigos is best in the Bold Ruler! Posted 5 days ago
  • Adelaide wins a thrilling edition of the Cox Plate! Posted 6 days ago
  • 201 Pre-entered for the Breeders' Cup, including 15 in the Classic. Posted 8 days ago

2011 Kentucky Derby Top 10 - Sept 22

I am getting an early start in my first in a series of blogs devoted to 2011 Kentucky Derby hopefuls. There will be many twists and turns in the coming weeks and months, and the majority of horses on this initial list will almost certainly fall by the wayside.

For my 2010 Derby list, I posted my Top 10 contenders along with five honorable mentions. I will mix it up a bit this time around. In addition to my normal Top 10 I will include the top five fillies.

My list below is based on a combination of promise shown and distance breeding. Boys At Tosconova and J P’s Gusto are the early bloomers but neither has a strong route pedigree. They will both be part of my list but will not occupy the top three spots...