• Exaggerator is going in the Haskell, according to Steve Edelson of the Asbury Park Press.Posted 2 hours ago
  • The Gurkha wins a Sussex thriller over Galileo Gold and Ribchester.Posted 5 hours ago
  • Amis Gizmo romps home in the Prince of Wales at Fort Erie.Posted 19 hours ago
  • Long On Value (7-2) cuts back and rolls in the Lucky Coin Stakes.Posted 1 day ago
  • Songbird repels the challenge of Carina Mia, and romps home in the CCA Oaks.Posted 2 days ago
  • Up With the Birds swings to victory in Woodbine's Nijinsky Stakes.Posted 2 days ago
  • Tin Type Gal rides the rail to victory in Monmouth's Boiling Springs.Posted 2 days ago
  • California Chrome edges Dortmund in a San Diego Handicap showdown.Posted 3 days ago
  • Mokat (7-1) turns the San Clemente into a one-filly show.Posted 3 days ago
  • Dacita just gets up in the Grade 1 Diana in a four-horse photo.Posted 3 days ago

2011 Kentucky Derby Top 10 - Sept 22

I am getting an early start in my first in a series of blogs devoted to 2011 Kentucky Derby hopefuls. There will be many twists and turns in the coming weeks and months, and the majority of horses on this initial list will almost certainly fall by the wayside.

For my 2010 Derby list, I posted my Top 10 contenders along with five honorable mentions. I will mix it up a bit this time around. In addition to my normal Top 10 I will include the top five fillies.

My list below is based on a combination of promise shown and distance breeding. Boys At Tosconova and J P’s Gusto are the early bloomers but neither has a strong route pedigree. They will both be part of my list but will not occupy the top three spots...