• Gold Rush Dancer (14-1) pulls the upset in Del Mar's Real Good Deal Stakes.Posted 1 day ago
  • Haveyougoneaway (7-2) wears down Paulassilverlining to win the Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 1 day ago
  • Exaggerator is going in the Haskell, according to Steve Edelson of the Asbury Park Press.Posted 1 day ago
  • The Gurkha wins a Sussex thriller over Galileo Gold and Ribchester.Posted 2 days ago
  • Amis Gizmo romps home in the Prince of Wales at Fort Erie.Posted 2 days ago
  • Long On Value (7-2) cuts back and rolls in the Lucky Coin Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Songbird repels the challenge of Carina Mia, and romps home in the CCA Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Up With the Birds swings to victory in Woodbine's Nijinsky Stakes.Posted 4 days ago
  • Tin Type Gal rides the rail to victory in Monmouth's Boiling Springs.Posted 4 days ago
  • California Chrome edges Dortmund in a San Diego Handicap showdown.Posted 5 days ago

11 Reasons We'll Miss I'll Have Another

i'll Have Another wins the 2012 Kentucky Derby
With I'll Have Another making his final racetrack trip today in a farewell ceremony before the 144th Belmont Stakes, it's hard to believe that a scant 5 weeks ago he was a no-hope #19 going to post in the Kentucky Derby, despite having won the Santa Anita Derby over the more highly regarded Creative Cause. His strong run down the Churchill stretch to collar Bodemeister kicked off a magical Triple Crown season that sadly ends in disappointment once again. Unlike Smarty Jones, Big Brown, War Emblem or Funny Cide, who went down to defeat in the Belmont, the tragedy of I'll Have Another is that he never got the chance to even try the Test of the Champion. The tyranny of "What If?" will follow him the rest of his days, and racing fans won't soon forget the way we felt the day he was suddenly retired, only 24 hours before his legend-making run.

So here on this beautiful Belmont day, are the reasons why we'll miss I'll Have Another. Best of luck, boy - it was a helluva run!

I'll Have Another Kentucky Derby

I'll Have Another

I'll Have Another

I'll Have Another

I'll Have Another and Lava Man

I'll Have Another

I'll Have Another

I'll Have Another

I'll Have Another

I'll Have Another

Oh, what might have been...

I'll Have Another

-- Candice Curtis

All Photos by Eclipse Sportswire

Older Comments about 11 Reasons We'll Miss I'll Have Another...

Thanks for posting these pics...They are beautiful!
Thank-you Candice a fitting tribute to the horse who brought back the dream, really couldn't have been more beautiful.
Yep, gonna miss him!
beautiful - thank you. I love the one of him in the stall. And the one from yesterday (2nd last?) is breath-taking.