Matt Shifman has been on
the Horse Racing Nation staff since 2011 and currently serves as Assistant Editor. Matt covers Aqueduct, Belmont Park,
Monmouth Park, and Saratoga in his two HRN blogs Racing at the Jersey Shore and New York State of Racing.
Matt’s articles and tweets
frequently appear in the America’s Best Racing weekly Notebook. In 2012 he
became a voter in the NTRA weekly polls for the Top Thoroughbred and Top
The best way to get to
know Matt is to check out some of his favorite articles from the past couple
• Preakness Interview with Trainer Todd Pletcher
• Kentucky Derby 2016 Handicapping Tips from A to Z
• Edison: the Travels of a Million Dollar Colt
• A Kentucky Derby Field with Just 14 Horses
• What is the Best Kentucky Derby Running Style?
• 2013 Breeders' Cup Distaff: Risk and Reward
• America's Complicated Relationship with Horse Racing
• Saratoga Time Machine -- the Year 1972
• John Velazquez Made His Point in the Met Mile
• The Top 10 Gray Horses of All-Time
• The Loss of Autism Awareness
• World Autism Awareness Day
• Draw a Line Through It
You may also know Matt by
his Twitter, Facebook, and HRN screen name, AndyScoggin.
Under the backdrop of the San Gabriel Mountains, a...
Going into the 2015 Travers Stakes, all the talk w...
With much of the horse racing talk right now focus...
In his final work in preparation for next Saturday...
Frank Taylor, the vice-president of boarding opera...
Spendthrift Farm’s Lord Nelson, the three-time Gra...
Like a fine wine, Page McKenney continues to get b...
England beckons. While I consider myself a l...
Copyright © 2010 -
other passionate horse racing fans!