Matt Shifman has been on
the Horse Racing Nation staff since 2011 and currently serves as Assistant Editor. Matt covers Aqueduct, Belmont Park,
Monmouth Park, and Saratoga in his two HRN blogs Racing at the Jersey Shore and New York State of Racing.
Matt’s articles and tweets
frequently appear in the America’s Best Racing weekly Notebook. In 2012 he
became a voter in the NTRA weekly polls for the Top Thoroughbred and Top
The best way to get to
know Matt is to check out some of his favorite articles from the past couple
• Preakness Interview with Trainer Todd Pletcher
• Kentucky Derby 2016 Handicapping Tips from A to Z
• Edison: the Travels of a Million Dollar Colt
• A Kentucky Derby Field with Just 14 Horses
• What is the Best Kentucky Derby Running Style?
• 2013 Breeders' Cup Distaff: Risk and Reward
• America's Complicated Relationship with Horse Racing
• Saratoga Time Machine -- the Year 1972
• John Velazquez Made His Point in the Met Mile
• The Top 10 Gray Horses of All-Time
• The Loss of Autism Awareness
• World Autism Awareness Day
• Draw a Line Through It
You may also know Matt by
his Twitter, Facebook, and HRN screen name, AndyScoggin.
With all the upsets going on in the prep races, t...
In the midst of Arrogate’s dominance in the Dubai ...
The U.S. has a strong set on contenders lined up f...
The Road to the Kentucky Derby points system was ...
Shagaf was last seen on the racetrack in Kentucky...
It’s a tradition as old as time itself, compulsiv...
With the Kentucky Derby preps now complete it is t...
Albaugh Family Stable’s J Boys Echo breezed a half...
Brad Grady’s Girvin, winner of the Risen Star (G2)...
In a performance that moves him into consideration...
When the 'Run for the Roses' is held this year on ...
As one of the top contenders for Kentucky Derby 20...
Copyright © 2010 -
other passionate horse racing fans!